Join now - be part of our community!

SONY KD55XD8599 4K HDR (movie lags.)

profile.country.GB.title
deaconj997
New

SONY KD55XD8599 4K HDR (movie lags.)

Hello 

I have one problem with my tv. There are some few movies that i have lag. Example: hitman's bodyguard or the mummy 4 ...4k hdr hevc mkv ....i have these movies in my external hard drive and connect with tv....(all the other movies work perfect except these 2.) I use the default player of the sony tv because it's the only one that works perfect because if you use kodi or vlc you will have in all movies lag.

Anyway my question is why these 2 movies have lag ?

My tv is 1000hz 4k hdr it's a normal...a strong enough tv to support everything....and also all the setting are optimal all motion everything i checked for sure.

Also i have the movie in 2 sizes i have it in 48 GB and also in 71GB and both have problem LAG

I will check for lower quality now 1080p ..

Also my external hard drive is very good seagate 3.0 all the 4k hdr movies work perfect.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. Can you tell us if this is a sound lag or image lag? Also is there anything different about the format of these particular movies? 

Cheers,

EdwinaU

profile.country.US.title
Subeer_2020
New

Hello, am having the same issue as

There are both sound and image lag. 

Am using usb 3.0.

Movies are in uhd hdr 4k

Please suggest any fix for that issue.

Thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
deaconj997
New

for 4K hdr movies on your Sony tv .... you must use only the default video player of the sony tv that with the red colour .
You must NOT use VLC video player or kodi or any other because those can play only 1080p FULLHD (they have image and sound lag to 4k hdr videos).
If again the movies have problem at image or sound quality it's because the material which you dowloaded in your usb is damaged - it was not uploaded correctly ... me also sometimes i download movies which have these lags .. you have to download other movie file which is not damaged.
There is also another thing : check in the image settings the motionflow to be individual and from a scale of 1 to 5 to be in the middle 3 not too smoothly like 60 fps video game and not so laggy .... to be in the middle your individual motionflow .

you are welcome,
Nikitas
profile.country.GB.title
Eskimosony

There's something else no one has mentioned...plug your USB 3 stick into the USB 3 socket, see if that helps, I know you have to do that to record and the write speed has to be really fast...I dare say the READ speed has to be quick as well...

profile.country.GB.title
deaconj997
New

You must always insert your usb 3.0 to the 3.0 port of your tv. I have my sony kd55xd8599 from 8/2017 until now i always insert my 3.0 usb to the 3.0 port of the tv and everything is great until now!
I have never used the 2.0 ports of my tv.