Join now - be part of our community!

SONY KDL-50W755C Remote unresponsive after standby

Maxim.xxxl
Explorer

SONY KDL-50W755C Remote unresponsive after standby

Software version: PKG3.317.0102EUA

After switching the television on after stanby controls do not work - neither from remote control or using the buttons from the back of the TV.

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately this is a known issue - the temporary fix is to power cycle the tv.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Stav1878
Explorer

Did anybody resolve this issue? It's just since the last tv system update? Please help thanks

mass82
New

I have the same problem. Its very frustraiting 😕

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Give a try on this:

Unpair your TouchPad Remote

Remove the TouchPad remote batteries

Soft reboot your TV set.

If not solved try a factory reset but do not pair your TouchPad Remote.

Maxim.xxxl
Explorer

I dont have touchpad remoute, but i I found a temporary solution. I control the TV with my phone ( TV SideView application)

Maxim.xxxl
Explorer

I hope Sony will fix this problem in the next firmware

profile.country.en_GB.title
matrigw69
Explorer

I got this problem too. Keep having to cut the power and reboot. Every morning. Not good.

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

You mean the RMT-TX100D ?

Happened to me also two days ago for the first time after 3.5 months of usage. I removed the 2 AA batteries for 15 seconds put them back and then it was OK again.

Sony NEW ULTRA AAA provided with our TV sets are not alkaline but carbon zinc batteries(different elecrolyte) and they do not last long. Try replacing them if you have not allready done so.

velchuri
New

We have 50W800D sony bravia 50 inch TV - Andriod.

TV remote doesn't work after returned from stand-by mode. We have to do the hard restart, it started very recently after updating andriod OS. Hopefully next firmware can fix this issue.