Join now - be part of our community!

Sony TV KD55XE8577 cannot detect USB memory

profile.country.RO.title
gcristian
Explorer

Sony TV KD55XE8577 cannot detect USB memory

Hello,

I have a Sony Bravia KD55XE8577. Recently when I tried to use a 32 gb 3.0 USB Memory Stick to play an mkv movie(some like 13 GB), my TV would not recognize the memory at all.

I have 3 usb ports: 2 for 2.0 and 1 for 3.0. Neither of them have detected my usb memory.

I have tried the same on a 2017 Samsung Smart TV. No issues, the usb memory auto-played and i was able to watch the movie.

I called for Sony Support. They asked me about the latest version of firmware. I told them, I have it. Anyway I have the autoupdate activated. They told me to format the usb memory differently.

I formatted the usb memory to other formats: the issue was the same.

I used another usb memory and that one was recognized by my TV.

I really do not see what is the issue here. More than that, I have used already the same usb stick to watch movies and there were no issus

Waiting for someone to help me, as I cannot understand this poor quality for Sony products and support services.

Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi there,

We will look into this and get back to you as soon as we can. Meanwhile, some other members may have some advice to share.

Best wishes,

Ed

profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi gcristian,

I've checked this and found this article from Sony: https://bit.ly/2H1RPSC

It says that you can only play a 13GB file if the USB stick is formatted to (exFAT or NTFS).

Also, it seems that the connection is only guaranteed with Sony USB devices.

Vanilla_