Join now - be part of our community!

Sony TV unable to access play store

twilson
New

Sony TV unable to access play store

Hi,

A month or so ago my Sony TV no longer allows access to the google play store app. The error shown when starting the app is "Something went wrong Check your Wi-Fi or get a notification when your connection comes back"

No software updates are available
Google play store version
35.2.19-23 [8] [PR] 522404461

Uninstalling updates, force closing, clearing data, clearing cache, holding power off button to restart does not correct this issue.

Uninstalling updates changes app version to
19.1.26-xhdpi [8] [PR] 298774892

Disconnecting wifi and trying to access store shows "you're offline" , reconnecting goes back to something went wrong message.

Changed system time between broadcast and network options with no difference.

Changed TV to use static IP with google DNS servers, no difference.

Other google apps such as youtube, google play movies & TV and youtube music all work without issue.

TV Info
Build
BRAVIA_ATV3_4K-EU-user 9 PTT1.190515.001.S52672101 release-keys

Kernel Version
#1 Wed Jul 6 01:01:56 JST 2022

Version

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
graygerman

Hi mate

Sounds like youve already tried the obvious,  Have you gone to settings / Apps / Play store, selected it and cleared the Cach and data, which should literally force you to sign back in, and also is your other google apps, like google tv etc all working or not ?

Ive come across this before and the only way it was resolved was by factory resetting the device with the issue, hope you manage to sort it, but i fear a reset may be in order.

Good Luck.

profile.country.GB.title
tom2021
Explorer

I had this problem. I did all the troubleshooting steps including clearing cache and data  but in the end I had to factory-reset the whole TV and set it up as new. Now I can log into the Google store and update apps etc.