Join now - be part of our community!

Sony XG95 - Airplay 2 doesnt work

profile.country.SE.title
Isak80

Sony XG95 - Airplay 2 doesnt work

Hi, i bought a "Sony XG95" a week ago but still haven't managed to get Airplay 2 to work on it. Chromecast works without a hitch though. When i tap the "Screen Mirror" button on my iPhone 6S it doesn't even find the tv. I've done everything in my power to try and resolve the problem but nothing has worked so far, what i've done is:

1. Turned on Airplay in the "Airplay and Homekit" menu on the tv.

2. Change between the 5GHZ and 2.4 GHZ networks a couple of times and tried.

3. Turned off and restart both tv, router and phone.

4. Turned Wi-fi off and then on again a couple of times on both tv and phone (to no luck...).

5. Updated both tv, router and phone to their latest firmware .

6. Made sure to look if "AP isolation" is off in the router-settings, and it is.

On the tv it says that the first time an Apple device is connected i'll have to put in a code from the tv screen, but i haven't once got this far. I'm beginning to suspect that something is wrong out of the box with the tv cause another user on another forum with the exact same model, manufacturer-date (06/2020) and firmware had no problem connecting his phone to his tv using Airplay 2. I'm asking here as a last resort before seriously thinking of returning it. Buying a new tv at this price i just want everything to work without a hitch.

Thanks in advance

Izak from Sweden   

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@Isak80  ha scritto:

4. Turn off Wi-fi on both tv and phone.

Sorry I don't get this point, why did you turn off wifi?

profile.country.SE.title
Isak80

@rooobb 

I meant to say "I've turned wi-fi off and the on again a couple of times on both tv and phone (to no luck...)". I've fixed that clarification now in the description.                            

profile.country.SE.title
Isak80

Just an update. I wrote to the Sony-support and they suggested i should do a soft reset. It fixed the problem and Airplay 2 and Homekit now works perfectly.