Join now - be part of our community!

Sort favorites channels list

SOLVED
profile.country.RO.title
chrisradulescu
Explorer

Sort favorites channels list

I've been using a KDL-43W808C for a while now. I currently have PKG3.885.0137EUA software version.

I use a list of Favorites Channels out of the 4 that are available. I'm pretty sure that I could sort the channels in the past (arrange them in a specific order, based on my preferences), but I've been trying to figure out how to do that now and I can't seem to find that option anymore.

Just to be cear, I'm talking about arranging the channels from a Favourites list in a random order that I choose (not alphabetically, not by channel number). It used to work by selecting the channel via the remote and moving it up or down through the list of channles.

Is it gone? Does anyone know how and can drop a short answer?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Here is what I see in (4) above the channel list...

favs.jpg

Menu is called "Reorder Favourites".

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi chrisradulescu,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your message. We are looking into this and someone will get back to you shortly.

Best wishes, 

Pascale_F

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Oh come on... stop this ridiculous answering!

@chrisradulescu,

you can enter the favorites editor via the ACTION MENU (see button on the remote) while you are in live TV.

profile.country.GB.title
hvalentim

"Oh come on... stop this ridiculous answering!"

It's paradigmatic of what I came to expect from Sony Support: a lot of "courtesy" and no actual solutions.

Along the lines:

“Oh! Are we ever so happy to hear from you. Your issue was sent to the technical department, expect to hear from us in x days”

“Our technical department needs more details. Can you please clarify this and that….”

(…)

“Are you really sure? Can you please send once more the details you already sent us 4 times…?”

(Translating: since we really do not have a clue/fix, can you please, please, provide us with an excuse to claim it’s your fault and close this issue?)

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

I only contacted Sony support once in the beginning. That was enough for me to realize that it is just a bunch of parrots. After they refused to take back my TV (which they better should have) I decided to inform people about the experience with Sony TV and bugs and step on the toes of those lobby reviewers and news sites. I invite everybody to spread the information.

profile.country.RO.title
chrisradulescu
Explorer

@Kuschelmonschter

Thanks for the message. I'll try that once I get home. However, I remember seeing something about Action Menu, which takes me to Favorites editor. But here I can only select/deselect channels that I want to appear. I can't anymore "drag" the ones I want to see, in a new position within the Favorites list. I am quite sure I was able to do that in the past.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

When you enter the favorites editor via ACTION MENU, there is a menu entry at the very top which says something like "sort your favorites". Enter that one et voilà...

profile.country.RO.title
chrisradulescu
Explorer

So, I took pictures, there is no sort function/option. It's probably missing because of updates. It's that discussion whether it is a feature or a bug. :slight_smile: I guess this one is a bug... or a feature lacking. However, it's stupid. Instead of improving things, this happens.

IMG_20171031_201533.jpg

IMG_20171031_201542.jpg

IMG_20171031_201550.jpg

IMG_20171031_201556.jpg

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Here is what I see in (4) above the channel list...

favs.jpg

Menu is called "Reorder Favourites".

profile.country.RO.title
chrisradulescu
Explorer

@Kuschelmonschter, thanks for pointing that out! I was expecting to see that in the previous menu. It never occured to me to scroll all the way up, above the channels list. Your picture clarified this. :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot!