Join now - be part of our community!

Sound bar issues

Deano4519
Explorer

Sound bar issues

hi I wonder if anyone can help

ive just brought a KD-49X8307C and my sound bar is connected with an optical cable, my problem is I have to use the sound bar remote to control volume, on my old TV my sky remote controlled everything but can't seem to get it on this tv. Is it because it's not connected via a hdmi cable or am I missing something?

thank

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately the soundbar would need to be connected via HDMI.  This is because it is the HDMI-CEC functions that is needed for single remote use.

I dont know if this will work, but try using this Sky page and see if it helps:

http://www.sky.com/help/articles/program-your-sky-remote-to-control-your-tv

Cheers

JSmiff
New

Hi, I have the 49X8309 with HT-CT80 - the subwoofer is connected but doesn't seem to be putting anything out - can someone suggest why? Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi JSmiff

Are you talking about the soundbar not working or the subwoofer only?

Cheers

Johny3
Explorer

Which soundbar you have with your TV?? To connect it with TV, you need to have HDMI cable for it. 

Normis83
Explorer

I think the HDMI cable may be a problem. I think you need to check the user maunal properly and then follow the instructions properly.

JSmiff
New

Hi Quinnicus - it's the woofer not working - you any ideas?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi JSmiff

Can you please double check that the cable that connects the subwoofer to the soundbar is fully connected and seated correctly.  Unplug it and plug it back in again.

Also, their is a volume button on the remote for the subwoofer, labled SW + and -   can you increase the volume up.

Also, make sure that it is set to Main/Sub by pressing the audio button repeatedly until it cycles through.

Also, ensure night mode is de-activated

Lastly, if you are testing using broadcast tv, try using another source like a bluray.  Movies are better than tv shows for example.

Cheers