Join now - be part of our community!

Sound disappears when using my headphones with my Sony-TV (KD43XF8577)

SOLVED
profile.country.SE.title
Lido68
Explorer

Sound disappears when using my headphones with my Sony-TV (KD43XF8577)

For some reason there was something wrong with my previous message so I try to repost it.

I have connected my headphones (Sony WH-1000XM5) to my TV ( (KD43XF8577)  via bluetooth to be able to listen to the TV trough the headphones. I have no problems to connect/pair the two devices, that works fine, the problem is that the sound suddenly disappears. The strange thing is that  this happens though the TV and the headphones are still connected (the message "Bluetooth A2DP audio device connected” is shown).  Why do I loose the sound? I have tried to solve this problem by removing the connection and reconnect again/ pair again and/or doing a soft reset on my TV. I have also done a factory reset on my headphones. But nothing has yet solved the problem. Does anyone have a similar problem and how did you solve it? 

Kind regard

L

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.SE.title
Lido68
Explorer

The solution that solved my problems with the connection between my headphones and my TV. was to make a factory reset on my TV (Home → Settings → Storage & reset → Factory data reset → Erase everything → Yes). Now it works perfect.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Piscie
Community Team

Hey @Lido68, first of all make sure that both devices are running on the latest software version: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/lcd-tvs-android-xf85xx_x85xxf_xf87xx-series/kd-43xf8577/s... & https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/wireless-headphones-bluetooth-headphones/wh-1000xm5/softw...

You can also clear the TV's cached data as a workaround ( settings - device preferences - storage - cached data )

I've also found this one.

Hope that helps

profile.country.SE.title
Lido68
Explorer

Thank you so much for the solution tips. Both of the devices are already running on the latest software version but I will clear the TV cash data and see if it helps. 

profile.country.SE.title
Lido68
Explorer

The solution that solved my problems with the connection between my headphones and my TV. was to make a factory reset on my TV (Home → Settings → Storage & reset → Factory data reset → Erase everything → Yes). Now it works perfect.