Join now - be part of our community!

Sound problem watching itvhub app on sony 43xf8505bu tv

profile.country.GB.title
Harrogategertie
New

Sound problem watching itvhub app on sony 43xf8505bu tv

Hello I have had problems trying to watch itv1 catch up on the Itv app- I have done the clear the cache and data on the YV thingy which at least brought the channel back but now the sound goes off after a few minutes watching - restarting the programmer brings the sound back on but only for a few minutes again - any ideas? (Only when watching through the ITV hub app) 

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Harrogategertie,

Welcome to the community.

I'll see if I can track down an answer. Maybe someone else in the community has an idea in the meantime.

Thanks,

Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
Tenneen9000

Hi Harrogategertie,

Do you have sound coming from the TV speakers or an audio system? Also, if you haven't tried a full factory reset to the TV yet, I suggest you try it and let us know the outcome.

Cheers,

Tenneen9000

profile.country.GB.title
Harrogategertie
New

I have resisted doing a full factory reset as it’s a pain re joining all the apps. However, I have been in touch with ITV hub help who have advised our software is not up to date. The TV is set on automatic updates and having spoken to Sony they agree it’s not up to date because they don’t distribute updates everywhere at the same time - !!!!!!?????? They are sending a USB with the latest update on it. I’ll see whether this solves the issue.