Join now - be part of our community!

Sound randomly cutting out on kdl43w809c possible temp fix

guitarius
Explorer

Sound randomly cutting out on kdl43w809c possible temp fix

Since the latest update i noticed that the sound would just cut off on my kdl43w809c tv requiring a reboot of tv and i know already im not the only one.

Anyway from further observation of the problem i realised that the headphone symbol was appearing when i tried to increase or decrease volume with the remote so i tried plugging in some headphones and then unplugging them back out and the sound came back to the tvs speakers.

It seems the tv is randomly switching to the headphone jack as sound ouput device. 

So a quicker but still temporary and still annoying solution other than restarting the tv seems to be plugging in some headphone's and then plugging them back out again.

Now i have decided to try going to settings/sound/ and turning off headphone speaker link which disables the tv speakers when headphones are plugged in and i will report back in a few days if i dont encounter the problem again with speaker link off.

Any one else with this problem might want to try this aswell and report back on the results maybe it will work as a temp fix.

Still needs to be sorted these tv's are a disgrace nothing but problems since i bought it.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

It is certainly interesting and weird that you would get this 'headphone' symbol appearing on the screen.  Not heard of that issue before to be honest!

Did altering the settings of the headphone speaker link work?

Cheers

guitarius
Explorer

Yeah, so far so good, altering the settings on speaker link seems to have worked.

To be honest, it only rarely happened anyway. Just when i googled it i seen a couple of other people report the sound going off aswell and though maybe theres was switching to headphones aswell and they might not be noticing, because it happened to me a few times before i realised there was a heaphone symbol coming up on the volume control instead of the speaker symbol.

So i figured having the speakers always outputting sound even when headphones are on might help.