Join now - be part of our community!

strange hallows/blurring arround moving objects?

profile.country.GB.title
sky121
Explorer

strange hallows/blurring arround moving objects?

helo...

i need help regarding this problem that I am getting strange artifacts may be blurring or hallows arround object especialy when they are moving from side to side.....this effect become high with increase in soap opera effect and dissapear only when motion interpolation is turned off but at the cost of extreme judders that cause lots of lag...is there any fault in motion interplolation or some thing like that?

i have Sony 55X800E model..

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi sky121,

I would suggest trying the following steps - 

1. Press Home button on your remote, then select Settings

2. Go to Picture and Display

3. Select Picture Adjustment and Choose Motionflow

4. Select Off

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
sky121
Explorer

Switching it off does solve the problem....but it causes lots of lags at 24 fps...i want to set my motin flow at 60 hz at least..but there is not any option for it....

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi again sky121,

Thanks for the update 😃

It might be best getting in touch with support for further advice here.

Cheers,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
AstroSmurf

Does you tv support youview and do you have it enabled. I had the same problem.. For instance watching football with motion flow on smooth you can't see a fast moving ball and halos around objects

, so i wanted motion flow off but it's not very smooth without motion flow UNTIL.... I decided to diable youview because of another issue but WOW what a difference without youview enabled... Now i don't need to use motion flow as it is very smooth now without it on the picture quality is sharper and moving through the menus is a breeze. If you do have youview try this you wont be disappointed. Also with motion flow enabled now i can see the fast moving ball and no halos. The tv as it should be. Now i would give my tv 10/10. My tv 55xe90. Regards Pete