Join now - be part of our community!

Surround sound output from XF9005

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
NickBrice

Surround sound output from XF9005

I bought a new TV last week, how do I get 5.1 sound from old NR1403 marantz AVR.

I connected TV to AVR using the Arc HDMI ports. I can only get audio using PCM output setting on TV,but this is only 2.1.

If I select Auto 1 or 2 it's just distorted noise. Is this due to age of my AVR or is 5.1 only possible via Optical not HDMI?

I am getting around this currently by watching Netflix via my Sony UHD Player and using the Audio out HDMI to AVR and other HDMI for the Picture. I'd rather be able to just use the TV apps than UHD player. Any advice gratefully received

22 REPLIES 22
profile.country.GB.title
NickBrice

I had this issue with my old Marantz that would support DD+ via UHD player but not via ARC from TV Apps.

I settled for standard DD, then bought a new Denon AVR in January and noticed that it was decoding DD+ via ARC.

Could be your AVR, my old Marantz was 8years old.

profile.country.GB.title
just_sony
Explorer

hey..

yes the pb is AVR.. my AVR is not supporting ARC DD+ sound...only over HDMI...

wbr.

avr.png

profile.country.GB.title
romipat

DD+ is definitely supported over  ARC

ifyou are  using a avr/ amp you  have  the choice of two connection methods. you could plug your source into    your avr and  then connect  the AVR to  the tv or if you want to use ARC  you can  plug your devices directly it on of the tv's HDMI ports and  then   connect the arc  of the tv to the arc port on your AVR. important   part id that in order to use ARC you will have t  turn on  CEC on your AVR and Bravia sync on the TV