Join now - be part of our community!

The new Apple TV-app

SOLVED
profile.country.SE.title
pehlm1
Explorer

The new Apple TV-app

Hi!
Upgraded to firmware 6.4960 on my KD-55XG8505 with the Apple Tv-app.

I was then trying it with a Apple-tv plus subscription. But it never worked. When selecting a show, the app is stuck trying to access it, and eventually a notice appear that it couldn't find the video, and that I would check the internet connection. But my internet is working as it should, my TV is connected to ethernet with a cable not WiFi, and all of my other apps works as they should.

The video open as normal on my iPad.

I have restarted the tv, inactivated the app and reactivated it but the app couldn't access the internet.

Doing a factory reset is'nt an option for me, I haven't that time, redo all of my settings, this should work out of the box. What is wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.SE.title
pehlm1
Explorer

The solution was really easy. I've connected the internet with an ethernet cable, but the app could not have WiFi activated in settings at the same time. Though this wasn't obvious, because the other apps yet do work with WiFi enabled. Disabled the WiFi, and the videos opened.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.SE.title
pehlm1
Explorer

Is the possible answer maybe that apple tv app for sony doesn't support ipv6 or that it doesn't work on ethernet, just WiFi, as for example Disney+: https://www.reddit.com/r/DisneyPlus/comments/j1d93x/unable_to_connect_to_disney_no_error/ or https://www.reddit.com/r/bravia/comments/kl9xhp/disney_not_working_currently_on_x900h_anyone_else/. But these examples is thus for Disney+ not Apple TV+. Maybe someone who tried?

profile.country.SE.title
pehlm1
Explorer

The solution was really easy. I've connected the internet with an ethernet cable, but the app could not have WiFi activated in settings at the same time. Though this wasn't obvious, because the other apps yet do work with WiFi enabled. Disabled the WiFi, and the videos opened.

profile.country.SE.title
pehlm1
Explorer

No this doesn't work. The video do not start. Have tried again, couple of days later. Apple TV+ in Sony Android TV is worthless. All My other apps connects to the internet, but not Apple TV+. The app is trying to connect but can't. What can I do?

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi, you can't use both Wi-Fi and the Ethernet, as the Ethernet overrides it. Try disconnecting the cable and use Wi-Fi, also try a personal hotspot from your phone, as these don't have a firewall impeded. Hannah