Join now - be part of our community!

The Sony Android TV Experience

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

After having spent about 3 months with my new Sony Android TV, I felt this deep desire to write a little review. Find it under the following link:

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Thank you for the time and effort that you have put into writing this review.  Although I have not read it all (yet) :slight_smile:  Im going to flag it up to Sony and highlight your review.  Like many, you seem rather passionate about Android TV and Sony and Im sure you just wish that they get on with things and fix some of its short comings.

Cheers

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Thanks for your support. I am glad it is perceived as constructive criticism, not as bashing.

I have been passionate about TV for the past 15 years, both, as developer and user, more via the traditional means of distribution though. Now that Sky forced me into using their crappy hardware and after moving to a new home, I decided to change my orientation towards streaming media. While I do like this new way of consuming media the experience with my new Sony has been underwhelming so far and indeed hope for things to get better.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

I pushed some updates to my review and the tracker, reflecting recent findings and latest changes in firmware V3.533.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Sony just censored my review on their U.S. forums. So that's the game they want to play...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kuschelmonschter

I am not sure what Sony.com are playing at either - but its getting them bad headlines!!  I too have been watching the US Forums with interest and that Reddit thread too :slight_smile:

However, I can assure you that as long as posts comply by the forum guidelines and rules - nothing will be censored in these forums.  Saying that, if a person starts posting over and over and over again of "Sony sucks etc etc" on various threads and replies - it can be taken as trolling/spam.

What I am saying is, the Sony Community Forums (UK/EU) are run and maintained differently - which I hope you would have gathered by now.

Cheers

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Yes, I know that the European forums are being run differently, and I am very grateful for that and the job you guys do!

japoreb
Explorer

Good read - thanks!

Bookmarked.

profile.country.GB.title
Loofah

That's the sort of report that Sony should be commissioning for product improvement. Like everyone else I cannot fathom why they are so dismissive of customers feedback. 

I really hope they get their act together as their customer service and software implementation totally suck. In fact the more I think about it the more I get riled lol things like not supporting webcams or using bluetooth codecs for most headphones are just simple but Sony refuse to add in these small things to keep the customers happy and make a better system. They've possibly also dropped a ball on not adding in 4k blu-ray tot he PS4 Pro. Idiocy!

Thanks for the post! 

profile.country.GB.title
SpookyZeus

Great review & write up, sums up android on the Sony perfectly