Join now - be part of our community!

the sony KD55XD8005BU and the sony KD55XD8005 55''

Davosky
New

the sony KD55XD8005BU and the sony KD55XD8005 55''

hi, can anyone tell me the difference between the sony KD55XD800BU and the sony KD55XD8005, please.i'm having difficulties on this. thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@Davosky wrote:

hi, can anyone tell me the difference between the sony KD55XD800BU and the sony KD55XD8005, please.i'm having difficulties on this. thank you.

The set, generically, is the KD55XD8005. The last letters are country variants, e.g. the KD55XD8005BAEP is for Germany, and BU is the UK variant. There is no physical set that is just KD55XD8055, but many reputable U.K. dealers who do not handle grey imports take the BU as a given,

In Spain, for example, HD comes over the 'SD' tuner, DVB-T1, so Samsung, at least, economise by not putting a DVB-T2 tuner in their Spain/Portugal models. I don't know if Sony do this, but they might well.

As long as you get a BU, though, (if you are in the U.K., or whatever your country variant is if you are not), and not a grey import with some other code on the end, don't worry. 

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
Davosky
New

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /> body { font-family: "Calibri","Slate Pro",sans-serif,"sans-serif"; color:#262626 }
Thanks for this info. I'll go for the BU, then.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
Davosky
New

ok.. thanks a lot.. i understand better now.