Join now - be part of our community!

Transfer Large media files from PC to Sony Android TV

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
abusuzuki
Explorer

Transfer Large media files from PC to Sony Android TV

I would like to transfer large files from the computer to the internal TV memory. I connected the computer to the Sony Bravia TV using A to A USB cable, but the PC didn't recognize the Sony Bravia Android TV, Is there a way to transfer large files directly from PC to the internal TV memory?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Yes in Android TV 9 its possibile, confermed from italian Community users...

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

The wait is the same, use an USB Memory...

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Furthermore, the internal Memory of the TV is limited for a large file...

profile.country.GB.title
abusuzuki
Explorer

The reason I do not want to rely on the external memory like SD Card or flash memory is that I want to watch an episode every day and I want to delete an episode when I finish watching each episode, and deleting files from the external memory is impossible because Sony Android  TV  can only read from external drive, As for the limited internal memory, I can register an external memory like 1 TB HDD drive to use as an internal memory.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Ok, I know that, with Android TV 9 (Pie) is possibile to transfer a file in the external Memory plugged into TV, by home network.

If you don't have Android TV 9 I think that is not possibile...

profile.country.GB.title
abusuzuki
Explorer

I have Android 8.0.0 , So do you mean that files  from the external drive can be edited, deleted in Android TV 9?

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Yes in Android TV 9 its possibile, confermed from italian Community users...

profile.country.GB.title
abusuzuki
Explorer

I'm glad to hear that, good. So don't you know when the Android TV 9 will be available ? I have Sony Bravia KD-43x

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

That's is the problem, no news on Android TV 9 for 2018 Series (excepted for AF9 and ZF9) and previous...