Join now - be part of our community!

TV Guide Pagination

Jonathan8146

TV Guide Pagination

In January I bought a Sony KD-49X8005C Android TV. It has been a steep learning curve but I am starting to get the hang of it. The one issue that I have that I can't seem to resolve concerns the TV guide. An older Sony Bravia that I have allows pagination of the guide i.e. when in the guide you can press the red or green buttons to scroll up and down the guide a page at a time. My new TV doesn't appear to have this option, at the bottom of the guide page it displays the four colours but only the blue and yellow buttons perform any function, moving a day forward or backwards.

It is very frustrating and time consuming to only be able to scroll down the TV guide a line at a time and runs the battery in the remote down very quickly.

Is this a design feature or is something wrong, and how do I fix it?

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im assuming that your using the YouView EPG?  I just simply type in the channel number I want.  But yes, you cant jump pages at a time.

If you have a smart phone or tablet, you could install Video snd TV Sideview app?  May help?

Cheers

Jonathan8146

No I  don't really like youview, it's the standard guide that I prefer to use. I  have sideview but that's a whole different problem😠
profile.country.GB.title
Visionman
Explorer

Is TV Guide Pagination possible?

Hi, and yes, pagination is built into all YouView devices. When in the guide just hit the prog up or down keys and the EPG will flick up or down page by page as desired.

profile.country.GB.title
Visionman
Explorer

Oh, and when in the YouView guide, to FF or RW day by day, just hit the <<  or  >>  keys. Hope that helps.

Alex_VS
Explorer

Hi All,

Hi Sony Team,

I would like to confirm the issue and express my concern that on KDL-50W805C which I recenetly bought there is indeed no way to scroll TV guide up/down page by page. Normally Program+/Program- keys on a remote are assigned in most of TVs to scroll up/dwon by page, but not here to my suprpise and disappointment. (No other keys are assigned either). When you have 200-300 channels it is a headache to be forced to scroll only by one line.

Would be appreciated if Sony could address the issuse.

Thanks and BR

profile.country.HU.title
hujap70
Explorer

Hello,

Please share any news when the page up / page down scrolling will be handled on Android TVs (i have a KD-49XD7005). My old Sony LCD handled it with no problem via the red and green function buttons. Why has it been taken away? I also don't understand...

By the way: Prog+/- buttons do not work in my TV's case, either...

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Jchchew23
Explorer

I am having the same problem.  Have you got an answer/solution for this yet. Thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
Jchchew23
Explorer

I am having the same problem Can a representative from Sony please attend to this problem or provide an explantion why there is no option to Page forward or backwards when a more basic model or brand does it!

profile.country.GB.title
Prior20

i have this also, who thought this was  senisible? why not just remove the fastforward button on playback thats about as useful....