Join now - be part of our community!

TV Internet Connection and Fireware Update Hell...

SOLVED
dpscubed
Explorer

TV Internet Connection and Fireware Update Hell...

I am currently going through hell with my Sony Bravia KDL40EX523.

The first problem was that the tv would not connect to the internet, with the usual <2200> error when I tried to refresh the internet content.  The tv recognised the ethernet connection (I have homeplugs) and I tried the usual IP address fixes.  But it wouldn't work.  Following guidance I carried out a factory reset.  Still no luck.

Next I tried to update the firmware, given the firmware was now clearly out of date (and might help with the internet issue).  However, the tv has now stopped recognising the data on my USB sticks, sticks that have worked absolutely fine to this point - it's worth pointing out the tv recognises the USB stick, but doesn't do anything with the firmware update on there.  The USB stick has been reformatted etc.  So I can't update the tv through the network.  And I can't update the tv through my USB sticks (all FAT32 formatted).

This is driving me mad and I've run out of ideas...

Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dpscubed
Explorer

Success.  The firmware update enabled the internet content for the first time. 

So lesson learnt.  If you need to use a USB stick to update the firmware extract the zip file directly to the USB stick.

The other resolution is that the factory restored firmware updates do not allow for the internet network connection to work.  Update the firmware using the USB stick and this problem should be resolved.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dpscubed
Explorer

OK - some progress...

I have worked out that you have to extract the firmware zip file directly to the USB stick.  If you just copy the file across from Windows 10 after extraction it doesn't work.  The tv now appears to have detected the firmware update.  Fingers crossed...

dpscubed
Explorer

Success.  The firmware update enabled the internet content for the first time. 

So lesson learnt.  If you need to use a USB stick to update the firmware extract the zip file directly to the USB stick.

The other resolution is that the factory restored firmware updates do not allow for the internet network connection to work.  Update the firmware using the USB stick and this problem should be resolved.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @dpscubed

Glad you managed to resolve your problem.  Thanks for posting back. :thumbsup:

Cheers