Join now - be part of our community!

TV KDL50W755C (android)

majco0908
Explorer

TV KDL50W755C (android)

Hi all, has anybody problem with USB, tv is not showing usb external hdd 1tb and more, any advice? I also format this usb to FAT32 but it did not help, btw i was trying all usb ports in TV but they did not work, any advice please?

15 REPLIES 15
majco0908
Explorer

MiCal1967 thanks for your answer, you said try old USB2.0 cable, but as you know WD hdd has USB 3.0 host is same like in USB 2.0 but device is different, so how i can try USB 2.0  if device is different, do you know what i mean?Capture.PNG

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi @majco0908

I mean an extension cable, not a cable that connects on Disk

USB2.PNG

majco0908
Explorer

Aha, ok i can tel you i have this extension in tv because i have tv on a wall and is little bit complicate to connect usb so i have this extension now and with this is not working, also without....

you know this is my first SONY TV, i dont understand this policy about extarnal hdd why is not working, i have also another TV samsung 5 years old and there is working 1tb, 2tb disk without problem. Before 1tb hdd what i own now i bought 2tb but i read tv is not supporting 2tb so ok no problem i bought 2x disk 1tb and suprise is not working too :(, it is annoying

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Have you Updated Firmware to latest v3.533 ?

Cannot suggest something else. Sorry.

majco0908
Explorer

All updates should be automatically if update to v3.533 is automatically there i did it, i will check it for sure at home...

@MiCal1967thank you anyway for your messages

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @majco0908

This wont help you with your immediate problem, but have a read of the following thread:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/usb-hdd-recommendations-for-kd55xd7005/m-p/2254453

Cheers