Join now - be part of our community!

TV Reboots from standby after firmware update

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Robfrab
Explorer

TV Reboots from standby after firmware update

KD49XG9005 update software to 6546. TV now reboots after a period in standby. It was fine on previous version. On researching seems to go back for some time as a generic problem. Tried clearing cache, switching wifi on and off as suggested on some posts. Inconsistent behaviour makes difficult to use harmony controller and of course means waiting for reboot.   Anybody got understanding if what causes this and found a solution. 

ok with reset if I have but want to avoid and prefer if someone can confirm it worked from them.

41 REPLIES 41
profile.country.GB.title
enjoi.adrian

Thanks a lot, Ive just enabled this setting and will report back my findings 😊

profile.country.GB.title
enjoi.adrian

It's going to depend on the version of Android TV that you have. 

Mine was slightly different to the recent suggestion: 

Settings > Network > Home Network Setup > IP Control > Simple IP Control (enable this)

profile.country.GB.title
Ireallyhateusernames

I think you’re right, I don’t have anything that says IP Control.

But I think my ‘equivalent’ might be set to auto.

I know this has only started happening since the latest update, & it’s a bit disappointing that Sony leave it to us to sort these issues out. Apparently this has been a known problem for some time.

profile.country.en_GB.title
EUSupport_EN
Contributor

@Ireallyhateusernames which model do you have? I can help you find it.

profile.country.GB.title
Ireallyhateusernames

Hi, thanks for your help.
My tv model no. is KD-55AG8
Cheers,
Richard

Sent from my iPad
profile.country.GB.title
swbetal
Explorer

For my TV (model XBR-43X-800E), when I go into "Network & Internet" I then scroll all the way down to the bottom of the list where I find "Home Network".  Don't stop to click on your network.  In that tab in then go to IP Control where I see the switch for Simple IP.

I shot a little video showing the process but it looks like I can't upload it directly here.  Will have to put it on Youtube and link from there.

profile.country.GB.title
Ireallyhateusernames

Thanks, I’ve now found IP control & set it to on.

Hopefully that’ll sort the problem.

Much appreciated.

profile.country.en_GB.title
EUSupport_EN
Contributor

Keep us updated!

profile.country.GB.title
enjoi.adrian

I've just turned my TV on this morning and the 'fix' seems to have worked for me; the TV came out of stand by normally without rebooting. (Fix for me: enable Simple IP Control)

I'm still a bit sceptical though and will continue to monitor its behaviour over the next week to see if it shows any sign of regressing.

profile.country.GB.title
swbetal
Explorer

Mine has been working fine for 2 days now so hopefully it will stay that way.  At least until the next software update! :slight_smile: