Join now - be part of our community!

TV Reboots from standby after firmware update

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Robfrab
Explorer

TV Reboots from standby after firmware update

KD49XG9005 update software to 6546. TV now reboots after a period in standby. It was fine on previous version. On researching seems to go back for some time as a generic problem. Tried clearing cache, switching wifi on and off as suggested on some posts. Inconsistent behaviour makes difficult to use harmony controller and of course means waiting for reboot.   Anybody got understanding if what causes this and found a solution. 

ok with reset if I have but want to avoid and prefer if someone can confirm it worked from them.

41 REPLIES 41
profile.country.GB.title
Ireallyhateusernames

Seems to have worked for me too.🤞

Sent from my iPad
profile.country.GB.title
enjoi.adrian

A few days have passed and TV is turning on normally each morning, the IP Control option being enabled seems to have resolved my issue (until the next update...)

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey, glad to hear this guys, keep an eye on the issue as you mentioned, if any of you are using LAN switch to Wi-Fi as well.

profile.country.GB.title
wimccra85
New

Only way i was able to fix it was to reset back to factory settings had no more problems with it

skarratts65
Explorer

I have the same issue was advised to do manual install for update yet every day when switching on tv remote does not work can not access any Netflix or even volume or apps I have to keep in plugging tv can even get to WiFi to see if it’s static obviously Sony have a fault on the update it needs to be fixed any ideas anyone??? 

skarratts65
Explorer

Can not get access now to even setting using remote  as remote useless so unable to try to change Bravia setting any solutions 

profile.country.GB.title
enjoi.adrian

This does not sound like the same issue, I recommend contacting Sony phone support directly for this, or perhaps start a new conversation. Good luck friend 🙂

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey, could you elaborate more? That doesn't seem like the original issue. Also, try the following for the remote: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors/articles/00030297

profile.country.GB.title
brucegill
Explorer

This option worked for me. TV is coming out of overnight standby fine.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey brucegill, thank you for sharing your experience with other members. skarratts65 any updates?