Join now - be part of our community!

TV Reboots from standby after firmware update

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Robfrab
Explorer

TV Reboots from standby after firmware update

KD49XG9005 update software to 6546. TV now reboots after a period in standby. It was fine on previous version. On researching seems to go back for some time as a generic problem. Tried clearing cache, switching wifi on and off as suggested on some posts. Inconsistent behaviour makes difficult to use harmony controller and of course means waiting for reboot.   Anybody got understanding if what causes this and found a solution. 

ok with reset if I have but want to avoid and prefer if someone can confirm it worked from them.

41 REPLIES 41
Fechicken
Explorer

profile.country.en_GB.title
EUSupport_EN
Contributor

Hi Rob, the latest software version should b v6.7140. Try to update it manually using a USB stick following this link: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/lcd-tvs-android-xg90xx_x90xxg-series/kd-49xg9005/download...

profile.country.GB.title
PoisonousMonkey
Explorer

18 months later and the bug is still present, even after the latest updates.  It looks like Sony will never fix this. 🤨

profile.country.GB.title
sonicchild86
New

I’ve had the same issue since my last update a few weeks back.. never had it before, tried a reset but that didn’t help, I’ve tried the IP solution as suggested in here, hoping that will work otherwise I will be contacting Sony as it’s infuriating it having to reboot every time I come away from the tv for a period of time, not what I expect from Sony.

Bailes55
New

August 2021

I have the same issue which only started following a recent Sony update.

I have tried enabling the IP Control within Network, Home Network and hopefully this will work.

Tags (1)
profile.country.GB.title
sonicchild86
New

I can confirm this worked for me and I haven’t had an issue with it since… the only issue I have found now is I can’t watch previews on games via Google Play Store… works if I restore to factory settings (and video loads via YouTube then). Not a big deal really as I don’t use the games.. still a bit odd it works on an older version of Google Play Store, but not on the newest version… going to wait and see if they update as it’s not that big of a deal (as I tried a few things, but no change).

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Bailes55, what's the model number of your TV? Also, what's the current software?

profile.country.GB.title
vicjohnson144
New

I agree it’s a problem that Sony should address , my Bravia Tv worked perfectly until the latest update !  Sometimes the Tv can be on an hour ( in the middle of a movie ) and it will go off , and restart with the Android screen. 

profile.country.GB.title
mhk1058
Explorer

Brilliant thanks, works a treat. Only slight niggle is that anything connected via HDMI doesn't auto swith the TV on. Minor issue compared to waiting for a reboot.

profile.country.GB.title
mhk1058
Explorer

Using swbetal’s IP control solution worked for me, thank you!!

Changing the HDMI input control made no difference.