Join now - be part of our community!

TV video/audio output with AV1 (scart)

profile.country.GB.title
khallergard

TV video/audio output with AV1 (scart)

The manual states that the AV1 jack has audio/video output capability.  How can I activate that?  KD-43XD8088

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi khallergard

If you contact
Sony Support they might be able to advise.

Thanks,

Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
khallergard

SONY Support Team:

snip   With reference to your enquiry regarding your Sony KD-43XD8088, please note that you can achieve this connection by connecting an AV compatible device to the TV using an AV cable. snip

I then asked if my DVR was not AV compatible.  Answer:

snip  we can confirm that you can connect your Sony RDR-HXD870 to your Sony KD-43XD8088 using a scart cable. However, we do not recommend rooting as it voids the warranty. snip

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

But which is your goal? Record digital channel from the tv using an analogue connection to your recorder?!? why don't you use the recording feature of the tv itself with a far greater quality?

profile.country.GB.title
khallergard

I am not wanting to record digital channels.  I want to record the Android screen, and have had some success with screen recording https://tinyurl.com/y4km97xr   However, this only records video and I would like to also record audio.  I can record from my BT YourView Box via SCART to the SONY DVR, but not from SONY Bravia.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Afaik only digital tuner can output the video signal  from the tv. Nothing else.

profile.country.GB.title
khallergard

Thank you rooobb, yes I am afraid that's it!