Join now - be part of our community!

TV wont turn on after Oreo

profile.country.GB.title
AdamW3
New

TV wont turn on after Oreo

I have a KD-49XD8305 and I recently updated my TV firmware to 8.0 (oreo). Since then, every other day the TV wont turn on. It wont turn on with either the remote or the button on the TV. The only way I can get this to turn on is to unplug at the mains for about 15 seconds and when I plug it back in, it will allow me to turn on again. Anyone else having a similar issue since the update or know of any solution?

38 REPLIES 38
profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

I usually don't go straight suggesting this, but in a case like yours I would do a factory reset. To troubleshoot it would be too complicated. If possible.

Maybe you may try first to install the "Android remote" or Sony's "Video & TV SideView" apps, pair them with  the TV (you must also allow in settings the TV to be turned on by an app) and see if they allow to turn the TV on. If it works maybe it will help bypassing the bug keeping your TV from turning on (and you could always use your mobile to turn it on). But it's a desperate measure, I wouldn't know what else to suggest.

profile.country.RO.title
snapisrl

last night, I had a deal.
I gave the remote control to turn on the TV and did not leave the new one month tv that I ate to make big mistake.
I changed the batteries, I pressed all the time for nothing, then I took off the plug left 30 seconds and put into the socket.
I clicked on the remote and waited about 30 seconds until the sony logo came on and then started the android system.
and another problem that I have after the update does not connect but hard to wifi on 5 g though it instantly connect to the original 7 android.
I need to connect manually and 5 g appears when I find it and then connects then disappears out of the area then appears again and so many times
squeeze the password and after some attempts it connects. if i could gladly come back to android 7 but i understand that i can not. uffffffffffff

profile.country.GB.title
TudRich

I also had the same problem after upgrading to Oreo on my AF8. After turning is off/on at the wall for a few days I eventually left it unplugged for 10 minutes before turning it back on and since then it's working fine. The only other thing I did was I took out and put back in the remote batteries.

profile.country.GB.title
TudRich

I spoke too soon. TV would not come on from sleep last night or again this morning. I have a Sony sound bar connected using ARC, Apple TV v4 and a SKY Q box connected with hdmi. Also a wireless keyboard usb adapter.

It was all working fine until I updated to Oreo?

profile.country.PL.title
miestelm
Explorer

I have the same issue on KD-49XD8077. After a night I cannot turn on my TV. I need to unplug and than I can try to turn in on with a remote. It happens every day. Factory reset I have done helped for few days only - problem came back quickly. Poor QA, Sony...

Jerrod
Explorer

I also have this issue on my XBR65x900E after upgrading to Oreo as of 6/14/19.

profile.country.GB.title
Graeme1978

Same issue for me on KD-49XF8096

After a few hours in standby the TV sometimes won't come back on with the remote or power button on the side. The only way to get it back on is a mains reset.

profile.country.US.title
Ace7of7Hearts
Explorer

I recently updated my XBR49X900E and I had the same problem and found this post 3days ago. So far it hasn't happened again so if someone could try this and repost if it works for you or not.

Go to settings -> Power-> Eco
Turn everything off:
Power saving, idle tv standby, and Auto shut-off turn it off

I only had auto shut-off on at the time but I think it's a coding power issue. That's the reason why I went there.
profile.country.GB.title
jgn88n

Looks like this has affected a lot of people! Come on Sony! Sort it out