Join now - be part of our community!

Unable to Factory Factory Reset KD49X8005C TV

profile.country.GB.title
kelvin
Explorer

Unable to Factory Factory Reset KD49X8005C TV

I unsuccessfully tried to Factory reset my KD49X8005C TV as it wouldn't boot up and a soft reset didn't cure it.

When you switch the TV on it shows 'SONY' for a few seconds and then moves onto the 'bouncy ball graphics' for a few seconds, then turns off, back on and the word SONY appears again and then the bouncy ball graphics and then turns off and on again and just keeps repeating this process for hours . Tried the soft reset but that  didn't cure it.

Tried the factory reset, which started off OK; green LED then erase screen but then the TV goes back into the same loop described above. Won't go into the reset

Any ideas or is it time to take it to the recycle?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Unplug it from the Power for a few minutes, then plug it back in and try Reset using the Buttons on the TV:
https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00274122
Type C: Your TV model has more than three buttons
profile.country.GB.title
kelvin
Explorer

We have tried that reset, the factory reset When we follow that procedure it starts off OK; we see the green LED, then erase screen but then the TV goes back into the same loop described in my original post. Won't go into the reset

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

But tried from the MENU or through the Buttons? Tried even after disconnecting and reconnecting the power?

profile.country.GB.title
kelvin
Explorer

We have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the power many times; while holding in the power and vol- buttons (Factory Reset)  All that happens is .... the green LED lights up, the erase screen appears, SONY screen appears.... then it starts to boot up but stops and goes black; SONY screen appears boot up starts then stops and goes back to the SONY screen and round and round the loop again.  Remote doesn't work because TV is not coming on so there is no menu.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

I didn't understand that it wouldn't turn on, I'm afraid then there is only to contact Assistance, if it's convenient...

Piscie
Community Team

Hello @kelvin, I'm afraid that means a repair is needed. Try reaching out to the Sony reps directly, they will let you know about their repair process.