Join now - be part of our community!

Unable to find Disney+ App for Sony XG9505 TV in Play Store.

profile.country.GB.title
apjoseph

Unable to find Disney+ App for Sony XG9505 TV in Play Store.

Hi,

I am in the UK and have the Sony Bravia KD65XG9505, however, I am unable to find the Disney+ App in the Google Play store. Do I need to wait till March the 5th before I can download it and set it up?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Maybe Disney don't has developed Disney+ for Android TV (that is not Android)...

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius
profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

I wondered the same, can't find it on my XE9005 or XG9005 when the Disney site says TVs newer than 2016 should have it available. 

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

I think, is a question of few days...

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

Ahh so because its launching next month its not actually available on the store yet? Hmm. Guess will check back.

Thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

Hmmm, this doesn't look good. (see attached).

UK has a pre-order deal but, how can you sign up if you don't know any of your devices will work?

profile.country.GB.title
llurquh
New

This might help

https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_article_content&sys_kb_id=92e7685d1bcfc8d4b8651f861a4bcb01

Additionally I noticed the app is not available for other devices listed as supported, the Apple TV and Amazon Fire TV either, so perhaps the app will be made available prior to launch.

profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

A quick Google for sony xf900 disneyplus finds US discussion threads on hdr picture settings so assume it will be available on all Sony Android TVs and work in 4k HDR