Join now - be part of our community!

Unable to turn on 3D mode

tim2525
Explorer

Unable to turn on 3D mode

Last week I installed the new firmware (version 3179) on Bravia KD-55X8509C to fix the problem with slow remote control response.

Since then I have been unable to select 3D mode (either side-by-side or over-under). It appears to select it, but when you go Back it turns it off again.

Has anyone else experienced this?  I have reported this to Sony Customer Support  but all I get is stupid emails asking me to do a factory reset, disconnect external devices, install latest firmware, etc, etc.

Tags (1)
77 REPLIES 77
profile.country.GB.title
pajo100

I can see the 3D options in both menus but the auto detect flag has never worked on my X9305 model but on my 2014 model  X805 it works perfectly. 

Another silly software problem on 2015 models.

sajidqamar
Explorer

I have also the same model and facing the same issue on kodi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @sajidqamar

This is a known issue:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/2015-android-tv-bugs-and-issues/m-p/2126443#M69

Work-around:

Use the Video and TV SideView app on a smartphone or tablet.  Alternatively, if you have a previous generation remote control, this has a dedicated 3D button which works.

Cheers

I had the same problem. I tried teh app on iOS and it worked initially by pressing teh 3D button but then switched straight back. I then tried teh TV and new glasses on Youtube 3D and it worked and allowed me to select 3D using the action button, so I knew that teh glasses worked and teh TV worked. The issue was with my Sky Q TV box. I contcat ed Sky and tehy told me taht sometimes the resolution was the issue. I cahnged from UHD 2080P to a lower 1080p. This worked ! So if I want to watch 3D I need to do this process and tehn change bvack to UHD for teh nomral TV settings etc etc - but at least I know have a working 3D TV

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @mickbetteridge

Correct - 3D at 2160p is not supported on Sky or Sony - hence the reason why you need to change resolution on the Sky Q box.

profile.country.GB.title
KiwiTom1989
Explorer

Has htis been resolved by Sony yet?

profile.country.GB.title
KiwiTom1989
Explorer

any updates from sony?

melkortheevil
Explorer

Year after year and the only solution is the Work-around: Use the Video and TV SideView app on a smartphone or tablet. Or how the temporary work-around turned into permanent solution. Unfortunately it is common here as I can see.

profile.country.GB.title
John_Keats

It is up to Sony, because they control which app can activate 3D and 24p mode in action menu.

See https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/kodi-with-24p-and-3d-on-2015-android-tv/m-p/2292773#M1606...

User pavelpl created Kodi version (SPMC compilation) which has 3D feature and 24p mode. It looks very easy from Sony side - they only need to create one additional line with phrase "org.xmbc.kodi" in picturemodecontrol.apk and the problem will be resolved.

sajidqamar
Explorer

how please eloborate