Join now - be part of our community!

Unable to turn on 3D mode

tim2525
Explorer

Unable to turn on 3D mode

Last week I installed the new firmware (version 3179) on Bravia KD-55X8509C to fix the problem with slow remote control response.

Since then I have been unable to select 3D mode (either side-by-side or over-under). It appears to select it, but when you go Back it turns it off again.

Has anyone else experienced this?  I have reported this to Sony Customer Support  but all I get is stupid emails asking me to do a factory reset, disconnect external devices, install latest firmware, etc, etc.

Tags (1)
77 REPLIES 77
profile.country.GB.title
Flexx05
Explorer

This is the same issue am having but if you should browse through this forum. You will see a breakdown to why this is happening. 

profile.country.GB.title
petemelyn2

profile.country.GB.title
Flexx05
Explorer

If you should scan through this forum you will find answers to your question. You did not specify your exact issues. You should be more specific, what are your setup etc..

profile.country.GB.title
Flexx05
Explorer

Ok so this is a follow up for why Our Sony 3D tv would not detect 3D movies,when using a app for example plex. So what I discovered is that when using an app to play 3D movies directly from the tv. There is no option from the menue that will allow you to select 3D. So basically once the 3D feed is in the original 3D format it will identify that it is a 3D file and play it in 3D, without the need to manually switch to 3D format. This is the part that really “IMPORTANT” please make sure that the file you are downloading was not compressed or made smaller. Usually this will affect something, the audio format or the video format, and that right there could be the main reason why the TV is not detecting the 3D file. So usually a 3D file is anywhere from 10GB - 100GB (approximately). Don’t download the 2GB and expect that it will be the same. In order to make the file smaller it will usually lose quality or some audio codecs etc. Here is what I observed after downloading and trying out different movies. “PLEASE NOTE THIS IS IN PLEX” . After you select the movie to play, right at the screen where you see the information. You will see the Audio file and video format. Make sure the Video format is as follow

Video= 1080p• DCA-MA• 7.1(5.1) or 1080p• AC3• 7.1(5.1)

Audio= (DTS 7.1 or DTS5.1) or (AC3 7.1 or 5.1)

Once these values are the same the movie should play flawlessly. So my conclusion is that there is nothing wrong with plex or Sony tv is just that the files we download were too small. Please let me know if this works for you. Every 3D movies I stream through my Plex works fine.  Thanks 🙏 and enjoy !!!

profile.country.GB.title
Johnaloisio
Explorer

Solved. Access sbs conten via Sony Blu day player.

profile.country.GB.title
Johnaloisio
Explorer

Solved. Access sbs conten via Sony Blu day player.

profile.country.GB.title
Johnaloisio
Explorer

Solved. Access sbs content via Sony Blu day player.

profile.country.GB.title
Johnaloisio
Explorer

Solved. Access sbs content via Sony Blu day player. It then works.