Join now - be part of our community!

Unable to watch ITV Hub and All 4 on Sony Bravia KD-55X8509C, is overridden by YouView

profile.country.en_GB.title
sony-cat

Unable to watch ITV Hub and All 4 on Sony Bravia KD-55X8509C, is overridden by YouView

Been trying to watch ITV Player and All 4, but have been unable to as opening the apps starts the configuration process for YouView.  I cannot set up YouView as I cannot tune the channels, it fails.

I read here that it isn't possible to use YouView with satalite:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/how-to-get-out-of-youview/td-p/2081233

So  using YouView doesn't seem to be an option.

How do I get round this so I can watch ITV Hub and All 4 again please?

23 REPLIES 23
profile.country.GB.title
AliRam
New

This does not at all seem acceptable ?? 

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

Google for Hoshsadiq.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

to use the hoshsadiq do i need to add all of the apps or just the missing ones like itv and all4 ?  Also do i need to sideload one of the android TV launchers.  TV is oreo 

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

Just itv and All4, as the other two are present both on YouView and on Freeview.

For loading, just follow the instructions Hoshsadiq gives; you are sideloading two apps, but they are the same ones that YouView loads, without any additional launcher needed beyond that already built in.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

great thanks for your help

profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

In case it helps I used tv file commander 

You need to "double click" on the middle button for the install to work

I did iplayer, all4, itv hub and uktv play.  I did iplayer as although it already worked I wasn't able to add to favourites before using this.  My5 is on the app store and can be installed as an app in the normal way.  My5 even appears as a channel on the home menu unless you turn it off - would be good if they all did but sadly they don't. 

I would add this is plain daft by Sony. I'm tech savvy so was easy for me, but won't be for others assuming they even find out the youview workaround on here

profile.country.GB.title
dondray28
New

Why can I not get the ITV hub on my new Bravia tv?

profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

Assuming its an android tv then you should be able to access it as long as Youview is active and you have accepted the Sony and youview terms and  conditions in the initial setup

If you don't want/like youview then the thread should give you enough information to implement the workaround if that's what you prefer 

How do I enable you view on my Bravia?  Trying to get All4 app

profile.country.GB.title
dondray28
New

What does this mean?

Sent from my iPad