Join now - be part of our community!

Unable to watch ITV Hub and All 4 on Sony Bravia KD-55X8509C, is overridden by YouView

profile.country.en_GB.title
sony-cat

Unable to watch ITV Hub and All 4 on Sony Bravia KD-55X8509C, is overridden by YouView

Been trying to watch ITV Player and All 4, but have been unable to as opening the apps starts the configuration process for YouView.  I cannot set up YouView as I cannot tune the channels, it fails.

I read here that it isn't possible to use YouView with satalite:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/how-to-get-out-of-youview/td-p/2081233

So  using YouView doesn't seem to be an option.

How do I get round this so I can watch ITV Hub and All 4 again please?

23 REPLIES 23
profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

To enable youview, if your TV has it, you go to the Sony select channel and select the youview app and go through setup. I think you can also get to it from settings

I don't use it as have sideloaded the catch up apps so they all work native on the tv

Kemags
Explorer

Same problem and part solution - Chromecast - but all4 subtitles seem iffy. Any one got any idea why the subtitles will function say for five minutes and then disappear?

kemags

profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

Why dont you sideload them - it takes a couple of minutes via a usb stick. They all work perfectly on my xf900 with youview disabled. 

And in case of problems when playing content go through initial setup and accept all sony and youview terms and conditions (but skip tuner setup etc) 

profile.country.GB.title
Denninga
New

Just fixed it. My wife noticed on the YouView community site that some people have fixed it by ticking all 4 box options in the initial setup including 'Sony Smart tv services', if you just click 'accept all' like we did it does not work. Itv hub & All 4 are now all working fine.

Would have thought Sony help desk would have twigged this!