Join now - be part of our community!

Unfathomable variable Aerial signal strength and quality

profile.country.GB.title
Optimiste
New

Unfathomable variable Aerial signal strength and quality

My 55A1E is a few days old and I am experiencing strange signal strength and quality indications on freeview. On Channels 1,2, 3 etc the signal strength shows 40-50 variable and signal quality 2-18 and picture often breaks up. Not unsurprisingly.

However on Channels 101, 102 etc ie the HD channels the readings are 100/100 (max) and the picture shows no breakup as you'd expect.

The aerial feed goes via a Panasonic HDD and that registers all channels at 10/10 (max) also. And if the HDD is selected as the source on the TV via HDMI then the pictures show no breakup on any channel.

I have changed cables, no difference.

Also, I have swopped the aerial cable to the old Panasonic TV and on the same channels that reads 10/10 (max) for signal strength and quality.

New aerial cables on order but I doubt that will help.

Is it local interference, a faulty TV?

Any ideas???

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Try to disable LNA in the Digital Tuning setup.

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi @Optimiste

I had a similar issue for almost 15 days and was driving me crazy.

This was on the satellite input of my KD55X8508C and some channels were 80 to 90 strength and quality but most had a variable value from 30 to 50 for both strength and quality. Picture broke every few seconds. An external satellite receiver did not have issue. It was almost 100% for both and with a perfect picture.

What I noticed 3 days ago was that if I removed my Panasonic wireless telephone from mains the signal strength and quality became better and stable(60 and 60). This was an indication of somewhere on cable a bad connection or a bad signal mixer(satellite-terrestrial).

Replaced both mixers and cable plugs, added a line amplifier on cable from sat, renewed cable contacts and problem was solved. Now indications are 80 to 90 for both strength and quality.

What is strange is that the external satellite receiver had no problem(similat to your HDD) with this bad connections cables or mixers and problem appeared 15 days ago and not 2 years ago. Maybe there are changes after Updates on receivers sensitivity and interferences filtering that affect system.