Join now - be part of our community!

Unprofessional communication from Sony support Bosnia - whom to escalate

minjas83
New

Unprofessional communication from Sony support Bosnia - whom to escalate

Hello,

my TV device stopped working after 2 months in warrant period.

I created case in Sony support and long story short:

After one and a half month of calls, emails, promises by sony to give us replacement device, they offer us two possibilities:

1. return money using IBAN/SWIFT instructions. 

this is total crap, because I bought TV in Bosnia and Herzegovina, with Convertible Mark currency. Also there is no information in email from support in which currency they need instructions, what amount they will return and who will pay all transaction costs. And simply, I don't want to open International Bank Account Number for something what is not my guilty

2. they give us 30% discount coupon for next buy. 

this is ridiculous. They want to keep money and just give 30% discount on next buy. This is win win situation for Sony. I don't have comments on this, silly. It would be normal they return me money and as act of good will give me some discount on next buy.

Can anyone help me how to escalate this further to Sony representative in Europe? Is there any email/live chat/free phone number where I can write my complain, since Bosnia representative is behaving unprofessional.

I always bought Sony devices and this way of communication is not acceptable.

Thanks,

Minja

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

If you have a bank account anywhere, you have a SWIFT/IBAN number - this is just a way of identifying banks worldwide.

You don’t say where you are now - are you still in Bosnia, or have you migrated and taken the TV with you?

What did you buy the TV with - cash, cheque, card, or what? They should refund you by the same means by which you paid.

And where is the TV now - still in your possession, or with Sony to repair, and in which country is it?

If Sony really cannot repair a two-month-old TV, or even replace it with the same model, then something is very wrong. Are we getting the whole story here?

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…