Join now - be part of our community!

USB 3.0 GIGABIT ADAPTER

profile.country.GB.title
D-Law81

USB 3.0 GIGABIT ADAPTER

As the ethernet port on sony TV only do upto 100 mbps if I was to put a USB 3.0 gigabit ETHERNET ADAPTER into sony x94j usb 3 port and used a tp link gigabit ethernet adapter would it work.???? 

76 REPLIES 76
profile.country.GB.title
Hughjarse
Explorer

yes it is 10

profile.country.GB.title
Talat_tito
Explorer

thank you for confirming this.  so for those interested,  android 10 is a must. 

profile.country.GB.title
Soundizer
Explorer

What speeds are you getting with Adapter?

profile.country.GB.title
Soundizer
Explorer

That’s slower than my Sony Tv wifi speed. I get 300 to 350 typically. 

whats your home internet speed provider 

profile.country.GB.title
Hughjarse
Explorer

Im getting 600 - 700  ( im on fibre 900)

profile.country.GB.title
Talat_tito
Explorer

my subscription is fiber 240 Mbps and iam getting 230 mbps with low ping of 3 ms,  with wi-fi I get good speeds but ping goes high 

Jitlaw_81
Explorer

Had some buffering issues here and there with 4k, not all the time but even once or twice can be annoying. So I just bought the tplink adaptor usb 3.0 to Ethernet, as recommended by original poster d-law81 and am pleased to report it worked instantly no install etc. I have a Sony 83” master series 2021,  now getting 300-600mbps! buffering gone. Thank you (pics attached) hope it helps 

8E414CC4-B325-402B-AD95-B0F1B78DF4CC.jpeg

D406AFA6-5D4A-4101-964B-449B5001586A.jpeg

profile.country.GB.title
augierjp
Explorer

I also have tried the Cable Matters adapter that Vincent recommended but no joy on my  Sony KD-49XH8196. I've also tried a TP-Link USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Network Adapter. On the Cable Matters adapter, I did see the data lights flashing but on the TP-Link one there were no lights flashing. I did try both adapters on my Windows laptop to make sure the worked. Very frustrating as I have 500Mbs speed broadband and wanted to make full use of it. Hopefully someone out there may have a solution. I also could not see any settings that I could change to get things going.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

An Ethernet > USB adapter will only work on newer versions of Android TV and on some Platforms.

profile.country.GB.title
augierjp
Explorer

Thanks for the reply and my tv is on Version 9