Join now - be part of our community!

USB 3.0 GIGABIT ADAPTER

profile.country.GB.title
D-Law81

USB 3.0 GIGABIT ADAPTER

As the ethernet port on sony TV only do upto 100 mbps if I was to put a USB 3.0 gigabit ETHERNET ADAPTER into sony x94j usb 3 port and used a tp link gigabit ethernet adapter would it work.???? 

76 REPLIES 76
profile.country.GB.title
augierjp
Explorer

Hi. Directly into the Ethernet port I'm getting 95Mbs  but it says Ethernet not connected using a USB 3.0 to Ethernet adapter. I've tried 3 different USB 3.0 to Ethernet adapters on the TV which is Andriod Ver.9. I also tested them on my Windows laptop and Mac mini to make sure that they actually did work. From what I can make out the inability to set the USB mode to RNDIS in developer mode is key to the issue. When I went into developer mode it lets you click on RNDIS but it doesn't save changes and reverts back.

I have  Sony KD-65X81KAEP and I tried play 4K content from my NAS and the movies were choppy. I bought TP-LINK UE300 adapter and it is working with no issue. 

Regards

cbcbcb
New

Tried a few different adapters for my XRJ-65X95J running Android TV OS Version 10. Here are the results:

*works*

TP-LINK UE300

*does not work*

TP-LINK UE306

Anker PowerExpand 1Gbps Ethernet Adapter

profile.country.GB.title
Jouster

Ive seen there is an update to the Sony XH95 range and some reports of the USB 3.0 network adapters now working with these TVs...has anyone had any success with this.

I will probably upgrade at some point but as I find the TVs UI still pretty fluid, I don't want to affect this if I can just continue using my external box....

fyi ,the update is 6.6053 from November 23

Thanks in advance

To update, Ive now done the above update and all seems to be good...if it has slowed, its not noticeable to me, now I just need to find my USB adapter to test it out...will report back when I do

Joraell
New

Hi Iam using same adapter on TV with android 10 it works. But keepeing disconnects after like 30-60 minutes. Adapter is fine cause working on another devices just fine. Only that TV keeps disconecting with it. After that happens I need to go unplug the adapter and plug back.
😞 Anyone any ideas?

profile.country.GB.title
Hughjarse
Explorer

Have you tried changing the USb port settings - I think I had to tell android it was using it for a network card and not a usb drive - its in settings somewhere? Possible developer settings. 

anvis99
New

You may change USB setting by enabling developer option, then under USB configuration.

RNDIS (USB Ethernet)sony.jpg