Join now - be part of our community!

USB 3.0 GIGABIT ADAPTER

profile.country.GB.title
D-Law81

USB 3.0 GIGABIT ADAPTER

As the ethernet port on sony TV only do upto 100 mbps if I was to put a USB 3.0 gigabit ETHERNET ADAPTER into sony x94j usb 3 port and used a tp link gigabit ethernet adapter would it work.???? 

76 REPLIES 76
profile.country.GB.title
Jouster

It’s starting to look like this only works on certain models, and possibly only 2021 sets

i have a 65 and 49 inch XH9505 in the UK

I already had a TPLink UE300 and that didn’t work.  After seeing a video on the HDTV Test YT channgel, I also purchased a Cable Matter adapter that Vincent said worked for him on a A90J OLED.  

when either are plugged into the XH9505 with the Wi-Fi turned off as explained, the internet is no longer detected at all 

have tried turning tv off and on, tried r setting the TV, no joy I’m afraid

happy to give anything else a go

profile.country.SE.title
Kaonashi_.
Explorer

hi, why do you wish to use gigabit adapter ?  your TV has Wi-Fi®-certifierad 802.11a/b/g/n/ac . You should fix your home WIFi 802 ac. (The max speed of 802.11ac is 866 Mbps = 108.25 MB/s)  in my opinion is better to fix home wifi than one home device (TV). In the worst case put some dedicate "access point" near TV for pure  866 Mbps = 108.25 MB/s.

profile.country.GB.title
CyberWoogy

@Kaonashi_.  It isn't only about download speeds, although if you have access to Bravia Core Sony do allege you need a minimum of 115Mbps D/L in order to fully experience the benefits of Core.

Hardwiring via Ethernet also means data isn't lost.

profile.country.GB.title
Jouster

I have great wifi in the house...but Id always used cabled connections when I can as it is more reliable and less prone to interference.

Also, why buy a new access point when an 11.99 USB adapter will do a better job.  I appreciate not everyone has cabling to their devices, but for those that do, this was a (potentially) great little workaround
I have WiFi 6 routers too so have bulletproof wifi throughout the house...

profile.country.GB.title
CyberWoogy

Indeed @Jouster . Thank you for underlining my point.

profile.country.GB.title
Jouster

so from the most recent video from Vincent, it appears the latest firmware for the X900H also brings with it the ability to use a gigabit ethernet adapter to the mix....albeit it with some downsides in picture quality....hopefully this means we could also see this on the XH95 at some point too...but I'll certainly be holding out until they iron out the issues before jumping as I'm not really missing out on anything speed wise...yet

profile.country.GB.title
Soundizer
Explorer

Hello all. 

i have a Sony AF9 tv and tried the Cable Matters adapter as recommended on HDTV YouTube video. It didn’t work. 

so has anyone had success on Sony AF9 if so which Adapter?

profile.country.GB.title
Jouster

pretty sure it's only working on the latest TVs out of the box, so 2021 models onwards ....

For any other sets, they need a new firmware...the XH9005 has it but the 9505 doesn't yet...

I'd say sets even older will be unlikely to get it as they rarely release new firmware features on far older sets

profile.country.GB.title
Soundizer
Explorer

Thank you, but didn’t a post appear on this thread stating it worked on Af9?

profile.country.GB.title
Jouster

not sure as I was only looking for the XH9505...have you looked through the thread?