Join now - be part of our community!

USB 3.0 GIGABIT ADAPTER

profile.country.GB.title
D-Law81

USB 3.0 GIGABIT ADAPTER

As the ethernet port on sony TV only do upto 100 mbps if I was to put a USB 3.0 gigabit ETHERNET ADAPTER into sony x94j usb 3 port and used a tp link gigabit ethernet adapter would it work.???? 

76 REPLIES 76
profile.country.GB.title
D-Law81

I don't use WiFi, I use Giga bit usb ethernet adapter (USB 3.0) Blue. It works here's proof.

20220327_074505.JPG

profile.country.GB.title
Gaalahaad
New

In my case it is too slow for 4K streaming a game from of PC on the LAN. In theory it should be enough as the default bandwidth setting required is 80 MB/s, but I guess it is cutting too close to the limit and some streaming apps (here Moonlight) does not perform well (Steam seems to do better). Using Wifi 5GHz "solves" the issue and 4K goes through much better ... when all the stars are aligned! Of course with the Wifi you get the occasional random drop in bandwidth (which is a problem for real time use as in gaming) and the more obvious and predictable issues when other members of the household use some of the bandwidth on other devices.

PS: I am on a different Sony TV: X950G. No drivers for usb3 to Ethernet on that one either, apparently it's an Android 10 thing 😞

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

@D-Law81 than you for updating the thread. 

@Gaalahaad, test with a mobile hotspot for the Wi-Fi drop outs, if it's the same you should have your TV looked at. 

profile.country.GB.title
stmoyes97
New

hi

I have a 2021 Z9J.  The ethernet port is restricted to 100mb.  Wifi runs fine at approx 280mbps on my 550mb Virgin network.  I tried a usb dongle, one did not work, but another from Letscom worked fine.

I found though that wired the limit was 85mb on the ethernet port,  115mb on the USB dongle and 280mb on the wifi.

so I'm leaving it on the WIFI will I  test out the cabling.

profile.country.GB.title
Talat_tito
Explorer

hey dude,  thank you for the info,  I have ordered the ue300 of tp link and hopefuly will receive it in 2 days,  I have an android 10, xj90j-75 based on your info and some other resources,  will report back the news soon 

profile.country.GB.title
Talat_tito
Explorer

even streaming on YT is faster 

IMG20220819141710.jpg

IMG20220819141750.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
Talat_tito
Explorer

IMG20220819154603.jpg

my only observation is a high ping of 16 ms while my average on other devices such as mobile is around 3 ms,  any comments??? 

ok figured it out i was using different apps lol 

profile.country.GB.title
Talat_tito
Explorer

I have posted few messages with details but seems there are problems with the server as some of them were deleted. 

profile.country.GB.title
Hughjarse
Explorer

I have a XH909 and it works with the UE300. 

I did have to enable developer settings and set the usb port to network - if that helps anyone?!?

profile.country.GB.title
Talat_tito
Explorer

hi

which android version you have?  if less than 10, then you may like to publish your solution further more as many people who have version 9 tried the usb adaptor and did not work for them