Join now - be part of our community!

USB headphones wont connect

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Halloween_Jack4
Explorer

USB headphones wont connect

Hi folks .

I have a KD-49XD8088. I have a low latency headphone set up of avantree headphones and an avantree leaf which is a bluetooth dongle but self contained. Ie when you plug it in to a USB socket it acts like wired USB headphones, the device u plug it into doesn't need supporting software.

When i plug the dongle into the TV it does connect to the headphones but the sound is not switched from speakers to USB output. So sound is still coming from TV speakers but I cant hear it it the headphones.

I can even use the volume on the headphones to control the TV's volume. So it's kinda half working.

I also tried direct bluetooth connection but the TV dodnt see the headphones in pairing mode.

I tried all the options in Headphone/Audio out in settings.

Any ideas? Shame to have to use a wire .

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Halloween_Jack4 wrote:

Sorry for late response.

I can imagine the TV wouldn't support the audio profile but isn't this handled by my self contained Avantree Leaf?

It's designed to work with systems that don't have bluetooth support, like nintendo switch.

It's supposed to act like wired USB headphones.

Would wired USB not work with my TV either?

Thanks

I can’t see anywhere that it says this set puts audio out over USB, so I would imagine not.

But also, is your Avantree this one ,where it says:-

Compatibility

* Compatible with all USB audio output supported operation system, such as Windows   7/8/10/XP,Vista, Mac OS etc.
* Work with headphones &speakers.
* Not compatible with TV.

Ah.........

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Tv do nor Connect directly because you bought an entry level model that does not support a2dp.

profile.country.GB.title
Halloween_Jack4
Explorer

Sorry for late response.

I can imagine the TV wouldn't support the audio profile but isn't this handled by my self contained Avantree Leaf?

It's designed to work with systems that don't have bluetooth support, like nintendo switch.

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Halloween_Jack4 wrote:

Sorry for late response.

Thanks

I can’t see anywhere that it says this set puts audio out over USB, so I would imagine not.

But also, is your Avantree this one ,where it says:-

Compatibility

* Compatible with all USB audio output supported operation system, such as Windows   7/8/10/XP,Vista, Mac OS etc.
* Work with headphones &speakers.
* Not compatible with TV.

Ah.........

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
Halloween_Jack4
Explorer

Yes that's the one :slight_smile:

Well that'll be it. I guess the TV doesn't send audio to USB which is fair enough.

I was thrown a bit as my headphones do controll the TV's volume, that's why I thought it might be a setting somewhere.

But it seems USB headphones are not supported. Makes sense really.

Thanks for your help.