Join now - be part of our community!

using remote for volume up then it keeps going OR volume down and continues going????

profile.country.GB.title
sneish

using remote for volume up then it keeps going OR volume down and continues going????

Hi,  I have a KD-49XE8005 (about 2.5 yrs old) and recently have had issues with the volume when using the remote I can press it and then the volume just keeps getting louder and louder and then when I get it to stop and try to decrease the volume the same thing happens the other way and before you know it volume is zero.

So annoying , has anyone had this issue and can suggest a fix?

Buttons not sticking on the remote and regularly take them out and put back in the remote.

Hoping to get some help :slight_smile:

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @sneish,

what happens if you take the batteries out of the remote while this is happening? Does it stop to increase/decrease the volume?

Have you checked with e.g. a smartphone camera pointed towards the fron of the remote, whether it still sends a signal, even though the buttons don't appear to be "stuck"?

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
sneish

thanks - I will try taking the batteries out the next time it happens

I am not sure what you mean about pointing a smartphone camera at the front of the remote - what should I be doing?

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @sneish,

smartphone cameras usually do not have a filter for infrared light - TV remoted usually communicate to the TV via infrared light.

By pointing your smartphone camera to the front of the remote, you can see wether a purple light flashes on the front of the remote or not.

If it does somehow the button IS stuck and the remote sends the command after you let go, if not, it is not an issue with the remote.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
sneish

thanks - I will check it today :slight_smile:

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @sneish,

looking forward to hear your findings.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
sneish

I have checked with my camera on my phone and yes I see that the remote is sticking at times when I use the volume up or volume down button as the purple light keeps flashing on the remote once I have taken my finger off it.  Thanks very much for letting me know how to check the issue.

I don't know if the remote is covered under the 5 yr warranty with the tv so will check this next.

profile.country.GB.title
sneish

Just posting an update to say called John Lewis as purchased my tv there with a 5 year guarantee and I am getting a replacement remote control sent.  Sorted :slight_smile:

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @sneish,

thanks for the update.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Redboxfile

Me too! It appears to be an issue with this remote control "RMF-TX300". When you take your finger off the volume up or down buttons the command still continues to send out the signal. It's a real pain. I bought my Sony KD 43 XE8005 from John Lewis 5 years and 6 months ago and whilst it was under warranty I had two replacements and eventually they went the same way. I now use a "One for All" learning handset which is fine. Avoid the chinese copies on Ebay and Amazon for £10 or less they are absolute rubish!

I noticed recently that "One for All" now do a "Sony" compatible hanset pre-programmed handset ready to go, check it out Amazon..

I hope this helps you community folks.

Sony - you should try harder!!!

Amazon link --

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08PDGF5YS/?coliid=IG6D0IZ18UGBT&colid=22QQBFMPBK2WJ&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_li...