Join now - be part of our community!

v3865 Info Bar NEW problem

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

v3865 Info Bar NEW problem

Info bar on previous OS described normally current and next TV program by pressing right arrow.

After this update pressing right arrow shows next program but description from previous remains!!!!!!  and adds lines for next program.

Family confused..........

I think there is something wrong with their minds. They fixed nothing. i WISH i COULD GO BACK TO 5.0

Never a Sony again. That's enough.

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi MiCal1967

I received info about this a couple of months back - but I could never replicate this on my TV in the UK, using the DVB-T/2 tuners.   And I still cant.  Never heard anything further about this though.

Cheers

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi Quinnicus

This is the issue.

Current program All Hail King Julien info until the word (Dubbed):

1.PNG

Press right arrow on RC should give next program Transformers Rescue Bots info:

2.PNG

But as you see title changes normally but description is added below previous. After the word (Dubbed).

This is not normal and was OK with previous Android 5.

******* NEW

Factory Reset did not solve issue !!!!!!

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Live TV in Sony is a total mess. It needs to be ripped out and rewritten.

The whole TV behavior is so totally unpredictable. Most of the time I just want to throw it at a wall.

I discouraged lots of people from buying Sony already and encouraged lots from bringing them back to stores while they still can, because nothing will ever change. Just never believe Sony support when they say:

- Everything is within specification

- Next FW will fix everything

I am so fed up with Sony..

Last time I was at a store, I heard the salesman tell people not to buy Sony or Philips because they are so flaky. Big part of it is due to MediaTek, who deliver the slow SoC, ancient Linux kernel and totally buggy drivers.

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

You are completely right !!!!

Just finished Factory Reset and there are also Time Zones MISSING !!!!! Including Athens. London was the default even if setup language was different. I think I saw this on another post about Denmark.

I don't know what to say anymore about Sony and their part time programmers. Are they hired students for 3 euros per hour? Or they are Japanese or Chinese and know nothing about Europe? The only thing that I can soon expect is an Info bar with Chinese or Japanese Symbol phrases. Mercy with them.

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

[New]

INFO Bar on Satellite Channels works normally for current and next program on German only channels Astra 19.2, English only channels on Astra 28.2, some channels on Hotbird 13.

They has just messed everything up

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @MiCal1967

Just passing this info on to you:  The case that I was referring to above,  it only happened on 1 channel, in Germany - therefore Sony concluded that it was potentially a broadcaster issue.  This was a month ago and I do not know the final outcome or conclusion either.

Hopefully someone can also confirm and replicate this too.

Cheers

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi @Anonymous

Thank you for information. Always welcome!!

I believe that the problem is a combination of issues caused by both, Sony and Providers transmitters settings. The reason that I say this, is that only 3 out of 20 channels of my provider DIGEA have not this problem. Those 3 channels (ERT channels) previously was a different provider(ERT) and had a different type of transmition, possibly and GUIDE-Info.

Now those 3 channels do not have this problem on Sony but the rest 17 do have the problem.

Also on satellites Astra 19.2, Astra 28.2 and Hotbird, half channels have the problem and the rest do not. I have read that there were improvements for Astra on v3865 ????!!!!!

All above did not exist in Android 5.0

Sony in my region, as usual, suggests a repair center. Very annoying situation.

They have destroyed something on regional and Time Zone Settings and they will never admit, as they usually do. Their most possible act is that they used the US version as base to create or fix our Marsmallow firmware. THEY ARE UNABLE.

About German One(1) and One(1) HD on Astra 19.2 satellite their info is OK for Now and Next channel.

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

I can confirm this for Croatian channels also.

But It's not that it doesn't go to the next info. It does. It's just that it doesn't delete the previous one. So if info on current program is very short moving to the next with very short info will result with both of them being shown.

If the first one is long then there's nothing from the second one.

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi @kinggo01

This is exactly what happens to me too. You can see this on above pictures. I also use the "down" arrow on Remote Control to see all information for Next program.

But this did not happen on previous Android 5. Next program info was separate.

I am happy to see I am not alone :slight_smile: