Join now - be part of our community!

Video casting problems

SOLVED
Wdp1234
Explorer

Video casting problems

Hello

I have the Sony KDL-43W756C, I've been trying to cast videos from my Windows 10 computer. They are MKV files but even when I tried converting one to AVI the Tv either comes back with the the message can't play this file or plays then stops with the error message. 

However as I type this the converted mkv file (mkv to avi) has started playing after swapping back forth between not playing and playing it.

Hope that all makes sense. Can anyone help me out,explain whats going on and how i can get videos to cast every time.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Wdp1234
Explorer

Thanks for your help I've found a solution using plex another media server app or whatever you call it :slight_smile:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unless this is a one off type of thing - but it doesnt sound like it.  I wouldnt bother casting vidoes as a perminent solution. A better way is to install a DLNA Server application such as Serviio on the computer and stream content to the TV - install an app on the Tv called Kodi.  

Cheers

Wdp1234
Explorer

Thanks for your help I've found a solution using plex another media server app or whatever you call it :slight_smile: