Join now - be part of our community!

Why don't Sony honour their warranty on TVs purchased from Amazon?

profile.country.IE.title
podge3

Why don't Sony honour their warranty on TVs purchased from Amazon?

I purchased a Sony Android TV from Amazon in December 2015 and received a 5 year warranty from Sony. I have the warranty document with my name etc on it.

The TV has now developed a fault but Sony are refusing the warranty because I purchased from Amazon!!!

Needless to say I'm shocked that Sony would act like this. Anyone else have this problem?

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Yeh I read those terms in the warranty, and I guess they would say, or should have said, oh yeah, it's the retailer you contact regarding this issue.

But you do get some who don't have a clue in Customer Support, and prefer to just either do their own thing or continue reading from the script.

I think section 2 is basically explaining to all, that they will indeed repair and reimburse the retailer for repairs, or action taken.

I tend to steer clear of manufacturers, unless I have to, as once you go to them for repairs/support, the retailer can wash their hands of you, and you have more rights with the retailer than the manufacturer.

Good you got it sorted, if only they had advised to correctly earlier, or you knew what to do then.