Join now - be part of our community!

Wifi networks unavailable

profile.country.GB.title
jkfork
New

Wifi networks unavailable

Hi all,

So my Bravia TV which is around 3 years old is no longer able to connect to my wifi. It's a few things - firstly my TV needed to be reset (by holding the off button) every time I turn it on or else it would not connect to the wifi. When I reset it automatcially connects. Now over the past week it has been auto disabling the wifi connection which I have used on this thread and resolved. Even after using this fix with the wifi turned on in the advanced settings - no networks appear. Wifi is working and hasn't been impacted on my phone, laptop or even TV upstairs. I live in a townhouse and my wifi network used to appear as well as two of my neighbours. 

Are there any other fixes for this or is 3 years about it for me?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hello jkfork,

A very warm welcome to the Sony Community!  The first thing to do is not to let negative vibes get into your mood. Three years will definitely not be it for you! Telly's are just like young kids, as much as you'd like them to behave they keep misbehaving. But despite their bad behaviour, we still love them! So let's see if we can resolve the matter here together.

Tell us first what is your TV model and its firmware version. The easiest way to tell is to press the HELP button on the remote control and type both numbers literally for us in your post.

Next I would like to ask you if you ever have executed a Factory Data Reset procedure on the TV? If you have indeed, then when was the last time more or less you've done that? If it has been a long time ago already it might be time for it again.

Finally as much as I understand it must be your choice as a user to decide how you prefer to connect your TV to the Internet, I do want you to get ahead of all hurdles once for all and recommend you connect your TV using a wired LAN connection. It is in most cases an extremely feasible and quick solution to buy a pair of Powerline Adapters and solve the issue reliably and permanently. They can be as cheap as £25 nowadays, however I do recommend you purchase a set with a throughput or data transfer speed of minimum 500 mbps, a smart choice would be 750 mbps.

I look forward to your response.

Cheers,

Dutchice