Join now - be part of our community!

X75J95 earc with DTS HD, TrueHD

profile.country.HU.title
AndrewBoyHUN
Explorer

X75J95 earc with DTS HD, TrueHD

Hello,

Whem I'm turning the earc on the TV I cannot get dd, dts, dts hd, true hd on my receiver, which is a Denon 3500 capable of earc.

From other sources connected either to the tv or the receiver dd, dts, dts hd and true hd are working fine.

If im using kodi or plex on the tv, nothing happens, cannot send hbr audio to the receiver. If i switch of earc on the tv, dd and dts are working fine.

I dont see the possibility to put dts hd or true hd onto my receiver via earc from kodi/plex or even from the built in player. In kodi dts hd is enabled.

Passthrough is enabled in kodi, tv, everywhere. Looks like the tv alters the stream if i switch the earc on.

On my previous tv, 75xf9005 i had no earc but i could enable dts hd in kodi and it could send back dts hd to the receiver but of course due to low bandwidth it was far from perfect, but the stream was untouched dts hd.

How to setup the tv to send out untouched HBR from the apps???

Compressed audio is okay if earc is switched off and running on arc.

Tks

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

AFAIK you cannot send lossless audio from any tv via eARC directly, just in passthrough as you are experiencing

profile.country.HU.title
AndrewBoyHUN
Explorer

Then why on Earth in the Sony showroom told the guy that kodi/plex will be able to send out HBA signals to the receivers from the TV? Also strange if I switch on eArc on the TV all signals are altered from DTS/DD to a stereo signal. Why? There is zero advantage of the earc at the moment. All my devices are hooked up with the receiver, HDMI cec is working fine, no need to use the TV's HDMI input unless I'm using a split signal to avoid video signals going thru the receiver.... very very disappointed.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You should ask him, don't you think?

profile.country.HU.title
AndrewBoyHUN
Explorer

The guy dodged the question over the phone. Anyways, wanted to avoid using a third-party box (Currently using a Minix u9h).

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Anyway be aware that there is actually no content on the tv apps that have lossless audio, unless we are talking about streaming from a DLNA/SMB server movie files for which you should legally own the physical media that I suggest to use in any case. 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

I have to agree with Rooob. If you were missold the TV, go after the retailer.

profile.country.HU.title
AndrewBoyHUN
Explorer

Then someone can tell me the advantage of earc afterall? If it's switched on all DD/DTS leaves as a stereo stream...

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

If you have a UHD bluray player you'll get lossless audio and perfect picture. In your case it is probably not needed.

profile.country.HU.title
AndrewBoyHUN
Explorer

I have this without earc, bdplayer connected with the receiver.... If you want superb picture you buy a bd player with 2 hdmi outputs.

But okay, let's say you use your tv's hdmi inputs instead of the receiver. With earc HBA will go thru the tv and arrives to the receiver but if you are about to use netflix, amazon on your tv it's only an altered stereo stream via earc. So, what is real purpose? Guess it's only marketing bs then...