Join now - be part of our community!

( X900E 4k HDR TV ) what is "Reality Creation" ?

suriyastrenth
Explorer

( X900E 4k HDR TV ) what is "Reality Creation" ?

Did anyone notice any difference on reality creation set to MANUAL/OFF ? I have tested on 1080p/1080i, 720p, low quality old videos, and ofcourse PS4 PRO. Nothing changes to my eye. Could you post any screen shots compare on and off.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

How can you thin you may misures it by eyes? 

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

@rooobb wrote:

How can you thin you may misures it by eyes? 

Well, sticking the nose to the display the differences can get quite visible, actually. When I first tested it I did it with my PS4 at 1080p. With Reality Creation = Manual and Resolution at 100 I could clearly see the shape of the 1080p pixels. But that worked with the PS4 using the Graphics picture mode. Using the Game mode I had seen no differences at all. As I have never seen a difference from the Android apps.

Now I tested it with my Apple TV 4K set at 1080p, the picture mode is Standard, and it does change between Off/Auto and Manual at 30. Actually there is an app's icon that becomes blurry with  Reality Creation Off. Which is suprising. I thought disabling it I was getting the original 1080p image, not a sort of anti-aliasing. 

Funny. I see now the icon changing when switching Reality Creation mode even with the ATV 4K set at 2160p. Usually I put all these settings in "Auto" hoping Sony knows better.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

Reality Creation is a Mode only available to Sony management. When activated, all threads about issues with these sets disappear from the forum, and only positive threads remain.

In the event that there are embarrassingly few such threads, Reality Creation then goes on to synthesise others.

Reality Creation is a development of, and a step further forward than, the Peril-Sensitive Sunglasses described in THHGTTG, which merely went black under such circumstances; Reality Creation provides a whole new Reality, more favourable to the wearer than the true circumstances he/she finds themself in.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking