Join now - be part of our community!

x900h restarted itself

yangma
New

x900h restarted itself

it restarted itself making a weired noise for like 5 secs. happened twice. has this happened to anyone with tv? was wondering what causes this and what can be done to stop it 

thanks

48 REPLIES 48
profile.country.GB.title
cliveo32
Explorer

Hi mate yeah ive tried alot you could try turning auto update off i only
got hdmi 1 or 4 not 3 seems to make it worse for me when plug in 3 ...1 is
on enhanced and 1 but not 3 or 2 maybe try turn earc off worked for some
this has only happened after the latest update tv was fine till then hope
it works for you
profile.country.GB.title
vendee

I've been in contact with Sony UK support for a couple of weeks now. Last time they wanted to know what devices I had connected to each HDMI port. I've got a Marantz AV receiver connected to HDMI 3 and a Panny PVR to HDMI 1.

I just phoned them again a few minutes ago and they say that they have escalated my issue to their "technical team" and they will get back to me either today or tomorrow. Lets hope they sort it out. I had a wonderful TV before the v6.0384 firmware update a couple of weeks ago. The thing is, my TV reboots even with the connected devices switched off.

blues0ck
Explorer

yes this problem is very  annoying especially after paying  a lot of  money for the 75"  version which suited my needs  (tv/gaming)  of which is now a paperweigh has i  tend to  watched  a lot of tv through headphones ,so when the loud crashing noise happens its quite deafing on top of spoiling the content im watching at the time ,i wondered what other bugs will get created  trying to cure this one ,if the 2.1 update wasnt ready  why release it 

profile.country.GB.title
vendee

So I've just been on the phone to Sony support again (they were supposed to contact me) to find out what their technical team suggested. I was asked to change the following settings:-

Network+Internet> Home network setup> IP control> Set "Simple IP" to ON

Restart the TV then back into settings:-

Watching TV> External Inputs> Advanced settings> Set RS232C control to OFF.

This is on a Sony XH92 so the settings may differ on other units. Mine is rebooting itself 3 times a day so I should know if the problem is fixed within 24 hours so I'll post back in a couple of days with the outcome.

profile.country.GB.title
vendee

Its now 2 days since I carried out the settings change detailed above and I've had no more re-boots so it looks like that issue is solved. I still have a related issue about losing Dolby 5.1 passthrough to my AV receiver every 5 or 6 days and having to do a factory date reset to get it back but I think I'll start a new thread for that.

profile.country.GB.title
Traikus
Explorer

I applied the settings listed above and am still experiencing the random restarts, sometimes 4 times a day.

Any update on a fix for this?

profile.country.GB.title
cliveo32
Explorer

Not yet bud i have tried all the fixes nothing worked for me still
restarts 1 or 2 times a day i think sony no of the problems i think
they removed the firmware from the update site so hopefully a fix will be
soon ...
profile.country.GB.title
vendee

Sorry it didn't work for you. Did you restart the TV after carrying out the first step? The only other thing was that previously, Sony support told me to turn off Bravia Sync. That didn't work for me on its own but I left it off. Perhaps you could try that.

profile.country.GB.title
cliveo32
Explorer

I'll give it a go bud cheers
profile.country.GB.title
Traikus
Explorer

I'm still experiencing the restarts multiple times a day and have tried all the fixes in this thread. Anyone else still experiencing this?