Join now - be part of our community!

X90C with soundbar settings

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
gazstinton
Explorer

X90C with soundbar settings

Hi everyone,

I bought an X90C Sony tv last year and have it connected to an HT-CT380 Sony soundbar with subwoofer via the HDMI/ARC connection. I've tinkered with the settings a fair bit and if anything else I think I've just managed to confuse myself more with what my configuration should be. The soundbar can be configured directly using the remote control and the Sony Songpal app while the tv itself also has different sound settings. Is there one group of settings I should tinker with or are both important?

I've currently settled on setting the soundbar to 'Movie' mode via the Songpal app. When watching tv shows or films I fairly frequently encounter the situation where the bass is so loud that it blocks out dialogue and can cause a vibration effect. Turning the bass down via the soundbar remote control does not seem to make a signifcant difference.

There are a multitude of settings on the tv sound menus that I'm not sure if apply or not to my current setup - 'digital audio out' for example. This, I noticed last night, was set to headphones but I have now changed to subwoofer. Is anyone able to give me an overview of how I should have my settings configured?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Like the TVs picture settings, sound settings can be up to individual 'taste' as well.  There as some sound settings on the TV if you want to adjust, but I would be adjusting them on the soundbar itself.  I personally am not a big fan on processed 'Sound Effects' (i.e. Movie, Sports etc) - however many are.

Like many things, tinker around and see what works for you.

Cheers

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Like the TVs picture settings, sound settings can be up to individual 'taste' as well.  There as some sound settings on the TV if you want to adjust, but I would be adjusting them on the soundbar itself.  I personally am not a big fan on processed 'Sound Effects' (i.e. Movie, Sports etc) - however many are.

Like many things, tinker around and see what works for you.

Cheers