Join now - be part of our community!

XBR-65X930D Horizontal Lines

profile.country.US.title
Johnnyboy31989
New

XBR-65X930D Horizontal Lines

I have a XBR-65X930D That has just started showing these faint grey (ish) horizontal lines. I’ve read a lot of posts but haven’t found anyone with the exact issue. Most have colored lines or large dead areas on the screen.  The lines are there using inputs or apps on TV. So it is not an I put issue. The lines are from top to bottom spaces about 1/8”. I spent a while on phone with support with no answer other than to call a repair tech. I was immediately told to buy a new TV or I could try to replace the T Con board but no guarantee it will fix issue. Has anyone else had this similar problem or know if it’s worth trying to fix? Or should I toss my $2k TV out the window and never buy a Sony product again. Thanks1BF42B58-A058-4BA5-A5EC-65D277A40608.jpeg

0BEF78A4-AEC4-4B1F-B38F-659E522A1220.jpeg

2B87EC98-72F5-4F0C-AFBD-AD8E531431C0.jpeg

643060D5-F1FB-489E-B4F1-B13DE0627229.jpeg

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi Johnnyboy, 

Welcome to the community.

There is some advice for troubleshooting lines on the TV here.  But if you've already been advised by support that it needs a repair we're not sure if this will help. Maybe some other members will have some experience/tips to share.

Best wishes,

Ed

profile.country.GB.title
kickboxingboy

I have exactly the same issue, trying to book a repair , see where that gets me, already had two power supply faults and repairs.

model 65xd9305d

profile.country.US.title
Johnnyboy31989
New

I was told it’s not worth fixing when I went to repair shop, after about 3 or 4 weeks the lines just went away. No idea how or why but I’m not complaining. Very strange to say the least. Best of luck to you

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
kickboxingboy

I’m lucky enough mine is covered by a 5 year warranty, but I’ve had no end of problems with it.

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.IE.title
frs537
New

Hi,

I also have this problem. I wonder if you got your TV fixed and know what the issue was.

profile.country.US.title
Johnnyboy31989
New

Honestly they just went away. Was told by multiple repair shops I was better off just buying a new tv. Then one day the lines were just gone. Very strange

Sent from my iPhone
DragonNemus
Explorer

I have the exact same issue with my XBR-65X930D. Solid horizontal lines spaced evenly from the top to the bottom of the screen. Over the past year since this started, the lines will sometimes go away (20% of the time) and will sometimes be there (80% of the time). If I turn the TV on and they are there, they will stay there until I turn the TV off. The same thing goes for if they do not show up when I turn the TV on. Also turning the TV off and on does not seem to have a direct affect on whether they show up or not in the same hour or same day. For example, for the last two weeks they have been constantly present and I have turned the TV on every day at least once. Before that they were gone for a while, and then just a couple weeks ago there was a firmware update and since then they have been present. Not sure of the correlation, just that it was an odd coincidence. I have been searching off and on for over a year to try to solve this issue. I had a technician come take a look and they did not have a definite answer, but assumed it might be a bad panel. He suggested it could be a bad Main Board, but said he could not guarantee it. As a test, I replaced the T-Con board and the Main Board, and reset all the connections to those and to all the other components. Unfortunately neither replacements or resetting the cables made a difference, so I assume it must be the panel. I really wish TV manufacturers would extend warranties for these type of issues. I don't mind replacing small components outside of the 1 year warranty, but when it is something as expensive and non-replaceable as the panel it really should be replaced under a "lemon" type clause. I have had 5 other Sony TVs and have been brand loyal to them because I had never experienced an issue until now, but will reconsider buying another one on my next purchase.

profile.country.US.title
Johnnyboy31989
New

I had a repair guy tell me to just trash it and go buy another TV. I had planned to but after a few weeks, I woke up one day and the lines were gone. Haven’t been back since. No idea what it was but glad I didn’t go buy another tv

Sent from my iPhone