Join now - be part of our community!

Xd8599 now says 8505

bigjohn1980
Explorer

Xd8599 now says 8505

Hi

Hope.some one.can help

I have had to send my 65xd8599 to be repaired as it was resetting it self every 5 mins

Now.this was sent off to a sony repair center and done under warrenty as its only 5 months old and this took 4 weeks to get back

So i have just got the tv back today and i was looking around and the tv says that it is now a 65xd8505.

Now the tv is my tv so have thay put the wrong part in it(i have look at sony.co.uk and the spec is different )

And if so can some one point me in the right place to get this sorted 

Thank you for reading this

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I am forwarding this thread to Sony Support for them to get back in contact with you and resolve.  They should be in contact with you within the next few days.

Cheers

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi @bigjohn1980

Your issue seems to be the same with this:

http://community.sony.com/t5/4K-Ultra-HD-TV/Stuck-with-initial-setup-screens-on-my-Sony-Bravia-4k-An...

This an unfinished Service Adjustment, possibly by not properly trained Service Technician after a Main Board replacement.

The TV model is not critical, but the LCD Panel transfer DATA to new Main Board is. Just hope they have at least done this procedure.

You can call them again and they should give you safe instructions about how you can correct this by yourself or by sending TV back to Service for correction.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @bigjohn1980

Recieved a message back from Sony:

"pls let the customer know that we will investigate this and get back to him directly as soon as possible."

Cheers

bigjohn1980
Explorer

Thank you for your help

profile.country.GB.title
DecimusMxms

Hi

Please help. I have the same issue. My 2 month old xd8599 was sent off for repair and came back after a week as xd8505. Is it necessary to correct this? I don't really want to send a new tv again for repair as their handling makes the tv look knackered and full of stickers of their repair numbers and all that.

Thank you!

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi there

This a Service Technician FAULT to program your TV model in Service Mode.

I hope he has not made the same mistake for Display T-Con to Mainboard programming procedure.

Call them back to fix.