Join now - be part of our community!

XD9305 - Loss of all power

XD9305 - Loss of all power

Hi - Has anyone experienced a loss of power on the new XD9305?  Having switched TV off as normal yesterday, it is now dead.I have checked power and I have checked fuse - a 10Amp one and still nothing.I have also tried the button at the back and the remote ( and changed batteries).

Very frustrating as having bought the latest TV Sony have out ( in June), less than 6 months later TV is dead.

239 REPLIES 239
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If you have it plugged into a surge protector, try using the socket on the wall instead (just in case).  But if it really is dead, it might be best to either contact the retailer you purchased it from to arrange a warranty repair, or an authorised Sony repair centre, see:

http://services.sony.co.uk/support/en/repair/asc

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
maj_storm

funny i had the same thing happen to my tv tonight. i also bought mine in June.
the sad thing is the support website is down until monday.. not happy!

profile.country.GB.title
4KGOLD
Explorer

Yes. I've had the exact same problem with my KD-55XD9305. I turned off my TV on the evening of the 14.12.2016 and it wouldn't turn back on again. It is now in a Sony-approved shop being repaired. I also bought my TV in May 2016. Seems a bit strange these things happened at the same time. Perhaps a firmware upgrade problem? But the guy who picked up my TV to repair said it was a power issue. If you find out what the problem was please report back. Thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
maj_storm

its all very strange.. an approved sony repair centre engineer is coming tomorrow to repair my unit. my tv is connected to an extention block via an anti surge plug. the power block to the tv is still working. but the tv is dead like a stone. 

i had already updated to the lastest software released mid november and its been fine since until now. 

i will confirm what was replaced after the repair tomorrow. 

Sally1942
Explorer

Hi identical problem with our 55xd9305 noramal evening use next day nothing no power checked fuse 10amp fine plugged into diff socket nothing purchased July 16.

engineer calling tomorrow based on these threads our tv going to be repaired after Xmas which means NO TV  that will go down well with all.

i have always been an lg customer only this year  I was convinced by Sony Rep it be Best Buy this year 

so here we are 6mths in and mmmmmm Xmas no TV it going to be brill

chris sal bham

Thanks for all the comments

Mine has been with Sony approved repairer since last Thursday . Main board faulty, ordered and replaced and now there are issues on the secondary board which they found when testing new main board ( rare apparently) and so that has been ordered and I await news of that . . . and cross fingers it gets fixed pre Friday.

profile.country.GB.title
maj_storm

so the TV dude has been, taken photos and info and made a phone call. They think its the DPS board and the engineer was suggesting that it may warrant a replacement tv due to the cost. They will try this first  to fix it hopefully before the end of the week. and will let me know what happens. otherwise they will ask for a replacement.
at least because its being done at my house i can see whats going on.. is about the only positive from this lol 

Sally1942
Explorer

Engineer turned up today  didn't even look at TV just removed from wall wrapped and taken to their repair centre.

support centre told me they would try repair in home No !

support centre told me they request priority repair if poss by Xmas No ! Engineer said may look at this week and then request parts maybe done by New Year !!!

thanks Sony support after spending £1800 I'm very disappointed and so is family no TV over festive period !!

chris and Sal bham 

profile.country.GB.title
maj_storm

My TV is working!!  

The TV rep came Tuesday took a photo of it and the serial number.  Ordered a part there and then.  

Yesterday the part arrived in the shop. They called me and said would come 29th to fix it.  

I took my TV to the shop today and 45 minutes later its working.  They replaced the dps board,  and internal power supply distribution board.  

This is what needs to be replaced,  really it's a quick job.  The company that did it for me were excellent.  Based in Peterborough.  They fixed it while I waited although I went to Costa for a coffee.  I did call them first to arrange the visit.