Join now - be part of our community!

XD9305 - Loss of all power

XD9305 - Loss of all power

Hi - Has anyone experienced a loss of power on the new XD9305?  Having switched TV off as normal yesterday, it is now dead.I have checked power and I have checked fuse - a 10Amp one and still nothing.I have also tried the button at the back and the remote ( and changed batteries).

Very frustrating as having bought the latest TV Sony have out ( in June), less than 6 months later TV is dead.

239 REPLIES 239
profile.country.UA.title
OlegLizin
Explorer

I faced with the same issue with 55xd9305 in November 2017. In service centre guys told me that Power Supply Board was broken and they changed in 3 weeks. In 1 month it again became a brick. On 4 December 2017 I handed ove to service centre and it still there.

"Thanks Sony" for Christmas Holidays without TV.
I WILL NEVER BUY SONY after such quality!!!!!!!!!!
I CANNOT RECCOMEND to buy Sony anymore!!!!

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Just waiting until mine breaks as well due to Sony's standby behavior. Sony denies the problem and says that it is normal for Android to wake up this often. Philips on the other hand fixed it from the beginning. I wonder where Sony finds all those miraculous people. Their TV department needs a total reset from management over development to support. Never ever buying a Sony again.

profile.country.GB.title
Tracer275
Explorer

Thanks for the info in the last post. Although being fully aware of the common problem with the xd93, the actual cause of the problem (frequent wake ups) was of great interest.

My tv was booked in by Sony to be repaired by a local service centre. It was left to me to arrange an appointment with the service centre  (long periods on hold on the telephone) eventually to be informed that I would need to wait another 8 days for an engineer to become available, and to my astonishment, that he would only be coming to make a report on his findings of the condition of the tv. A report would then need to be sent to Sony for assessment and the tv may need to be taken to the service centre at a later date!

With the engineer booked, I decided to do some research about the service centre.

The online reviews were appalling to say the least. I certainly didn't want my tv to leave my house with this company.

More phone calls to Sony to air my concerns and they have finally agreed to replace the tv with the XE9305, which is the 2017 replacement for the XD9305.

I have been informed that the tv should be with us within 4-5 days so, 10 days in and this 55" black rectangle hanging on my wall is getting rather boring to watch!!!

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Beware that you don't get one with lots of hours of operation and display defects. That's what Sony usually does.

Standby behavior also affects 2017 E models though.

Same here, loss of power after returning from holiday for 2 weeks set was left plugged in on power surge socket, Phoned Curry's who told me it was a Sony 5 year gaurantee so onto Sony customer service on Saturday only to find out they are closed (no TV for the weekend, fortunatly missed "Dancing on Ice") filled in the online form still no word by 15.00 on Monday so got on the phone to be told an engineering company will phone you within 4 working hours, will repost when I get the call, judging all he other post looks like stormy waters ahead, especially from the other half, third night without TV.

Set purchased from Currys June 2016

profile.country.UA.title
OlegLizin
Explorer

Finally I've got my lovely TV from service center.
This guys are true professional!
They are changed some HW in my TV and my Sony became new again )))
My TV works fine now!!!
Thank you guys!
A lot of thanks especially for guys from Sony service center in Ukraine, Kiev (Belarusskaya Street, 26).
They are always in touch with clients! They are really highly professional!
Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!

profile.country.GB.title
anchest74
Explorer

Just to let you know the TV has died again last night. Tried to turn it on nothing. Used a multi-meter there is 24.1 volts out of the adaptor. So it looks like the power pack in the TV.

It was repaired on the 31st Oct 2017 with the same problem, I was assured that upgraded parts would be used. This is no good.  We have 5 Sony Tv’s in our house and they are all reliable except this one.

I am a big fan of Sony Products. Both the wife and I  have a Sony Vaio Laptops, which I see you have discontinued.

We have disconnected the satellite antennae as it was causing the TV to reboot whenever it felt like. We have owned the TV for coming up to year now.  

Also enabling the YouView disables the recording feature???

So here we are with a dead TV again for the second time in 4 months, I hope you are going to resolve the issue as I am ready to throw in the towel with Sony Products.

profile.country.GB.title
jstal40024
Explorer

Hi All,

My Sony TV KD-65X9005A (bought Aug 2013) which cost alot of money started to show lines across the screen after 4years. Sony replaced this screen within a couple weeks of logging the fault with a KD-65XD9305 TV, delivered around 18/11/2017. Not happy but have a TV. Today 14/3/2018 the TV will not switch on, tested the power supply and 240vac in and 24vdc out. Reading all these messages I have now logged my TV's fail with Sony and await a reply.

profile.country.GB.title
iaboard40

You have been given a tv with a known issue.......by Sony.......again!!!

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
VirgilSollozzo
Explorer

I can't find my previous message regarding this issue but basically, just like everyone else, my KD XD9305 died on me last year in June (2017) and a Sony Certified service here in Tallinn- Estonia fixed it for me. T.V. was OK since then. But today, it just won't switch on again and it seems like the same issue ( power brick problem) again.

I don't know what to say..This is just extremely frustrating and i can't believe how a massive brand like Sony could produce such utter crap line of TVs. Good thing i had 24 months warranty on this but i am pretty sure they cannot replace my TV with the same model since it is a 2 year old model and it is kind of obsolete now...

Can anyone suggest what i should do? I did not buy the TV directly from Sony but from a Sony retailer instead..